We're here to make legal help accessible to all. LegalZoom transformed the legal industry with the launch of our online services and groundbreaking technology in 2001. Since then, millions of customers have counted on us to officially start and run businesses, protect brands and intellectual property, and look after loved ones through wills and trusts.
As the industry leader for over 20 years, innovation remains at the center of all we do. We're creative thinkers and problem solvers with a passion for building legal and tax products that make a positive impact on the world, and we're always looking for exceptional people to push us further.
With us, you'll do work that's as rewarding as it is challenging with a team where every voice matters and diversity, equality, and inclusion are truly embraced. Together, we'll continue to democratize the law and make a real difference in the lives of millions.
LegalZoom.com is seeking a Business Finance Manager to join our Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) team. The highly visible position will be responsible for supporting department leaders, working on strategic projects, build financial models, identify key business insights, and concisely report results to senior management. The optimal candidate will possess excellent interpersonal, project management, and critical thinking abilities to collaborate with teams across our organization and foster data-driven decision-making. The Business Finance Manager will report to the Director of FP&A.
- Establish strong partnerships across departments and be the finance subject matter expert on cross-functional working teams focused on new and existing business opportunities
- Develop insightful presentations and supporting materials that summarize data and help facilitate decision-making for our business partners and senior leadership team
- Recommend and implement policies and programs that guide the organization in maintaining and improving its competitive position
- Measure financial impact of product changes and work closely with product leaders to model potential impact of LZ's future product vision
- Provide thought leadership, helping foster new business lines, simplify existing processes, drive standardization, and build scalable solutions
- Work in tandem within the Finance organization to deliver information for planning, actuals, and analyses to drive business performance and identify opportunities and risks
- Support the ongoing evolution of the budgeting and planning process, assisting with cross-functional projects to improve the integration of key decisions makers with FP&A
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Economics, Mathematics, or related field with at least 5+ years of experience in Consulting, Investment Banking, or Corporate Finance
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills required, other data visualization software skills are a plus
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills; demonstrate exceptional attention to detail, accuracy, and follow-through
- Strong worth ethic with ability to manage tight deadlines, prioritize workload and achieve effective results in a fast-paced, dynamic, ever-growing, and sometimes ambiguous environment
- Clear communicator and presenter, comfortable leading cross-functional working teams and prior people management skills are a plus
- Prior understand of SaaS business model key performance indicators are a plus
Join us in making a difference as we build our future and help ensure access to professional legal advice to all! LegalZoom is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to diversity, equality, and inclusion , and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment . LegalZoom prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Read Full Job Description