Broker-Dealer Operations Representative at Altruist
Altruist is an LA fintech company on a mission to make financial advice better for everyone. We’re looking to hire an entrepreneurial Operations Representative. If you're passionate about building meaningful products that people love to use, then you’ll love what we’re up to.
Our team is solving a huge problem that requires big-picture thinkers who are motivated to make a real difference through their work.
As Altruist enters an expansion phase for our revolutionary product offering, we’re seeking experienced Operations Representatives to help position us for future growth and success. This position requires the applicant to remain flexible, have a willingness to take on daily tasks in potentially multiple departments and job functions as needed, a proactive attitude, and go above and beyond to satisfy our internal and external clients.
The ideal candidate will be FINRA Series 7 & 63 licensed or have previous broker-dealer operations and/or clearing firm experience in a financial services brokerage environment. Must be a quick learner, willing to provide in-depth information regarding our product offering, flexible, detail-oriented, handle multiple tasks, and clearly process and explain brokerage inquiries as needed. This position is located in Venice Beach, California, or Austin, Texas.
- Ability to remain flexible when required to work on multiple projects and various departmental functions
- Organizational skills, detail-oriented, multi-tasking, accuracy, and efficiency are critical qualities to ensure success in this position
- Broker-dealer operations experience, especially with new accounts, ACATS, cashiering, corporate actions, and trade desk functions, would be a plus
- Process information associated with client account(s) and research more complex issues to correct/minimize concerns
- Collaborate with customer service and/or various internal teams to perform required work
- Utilize proprietary and external systems to evaluate complex issues and make critical thinking decisions in a fast-paced brokerage environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to convey complex financial service concepts in an easy-to-understand manner
- Handle outbound or inbound advisor/client communication in possible escalated situations
- Understand, comply, maintain, and reinforce FINRA regulatory compliance, firm policies, procedures and guidelines
Knowledge & Skills:
- Ability to exercise independent thought and judgment while adapting to new tasks with little notice
- Thorough understanding of financial service brokerage industry would be beneficial
- FINRA Series 7 & 63 licenses or willingness to achieve within 6 months is preferred
- Previous clearing firm experience, especially with APEX Clearing, would be a plus
- Approach all job responsibilities with a sense of urgency throughout the entire work shift
- Strong communicator who can effectively process advisor or client requests in a timely and efficient manner
- Flexibility to handle multiple tasks/issues while working under strict time constraints
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment
- Information confidentiality is of the utmost importance for this position
- Solid interpersonal skills are required
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent business experience preferred
- Ability to sit and work on a computer for a significant period of time
- Focused visual concentration and attention to detail is critical
- Working environment provides minimal exposure to discomfort or risk to safety
- Work hours may regularly exceed a 40-hour workweek
- Ability to work evenings, overtime, weekends and holidays when or if necessary
- Willingness to work within a fast-paced operational environment and open to potential shift changes to meet business demands
- Must be reliable, provide own transportation and ability to arrive on time for scheduled shift
What you’ll get
At Altruist you’ll work with a talented group of hungry creators looking to disrupt our industry. You’ll be given the freedom to do your best work alongside down-to-earth developers, designers, and thinkers who are at the leading edge of their craft.
We offer top-of-the-line health benefits, 401(k), a competitive salary, and a flexible schedule including unlimited vacation time. You’ll join on the ground floor and have the opportunity to make your mark and have a real say in how we build products. Our office is located in the heart of Venice on Abbot Kinney Blvd.
You’ll join a proven founding team with a significant venture backing. Together, we’re going to fix the broken parts of finance and investing (most of it).