About This Role
Apeel Sciences is seeking a Billing Specialist who will drive the billing process by utilizing complex problem-solving skills along with strong client interaction skills. The role is best suited for a team player who is action-oriented and has strong communication skills. The Billing Specialist will be responsible for timely and accurately preparing invoices to Apeel’s customers. These customers may include suppliers of fresh produce (packing houses), distributors, and retailers (grocers). The Billing Specialist will also be responsible for following up with customers regarding outstanding balances, and resolving questions that our customers may have about our invoices.
What You'll Do
- Own the billing function by ensuring effective processes and accurate invoices.
- Review customer contracts for product and pricing information
- Maintain a centralized file of pertinent customer information.
- Work with Apeel team members and the customer to obtain necessary customer information.
- Track incoming customer purchase orders and shipping documents throughout the month.
- Communicate with customers regarding missing purchase orders or shipping documents, and discrepancies in documentation.
- Communicate issues to Apeel management.
- Prepare customer invoices in QuickBooks and reconcile supporting documentation to the invoices. Invoices may be prepared monthly or multiple times throughout the month, depending on the customer.
- Follow up with customers regarding late outstanding balances due to Apeel.
- Work with the Financial Planning and Analysis team to facilitate reporting by customer, product category and related metrics.
- Respond to internal and external requests and provide high quality support to customers and colleagues.
- Participate in the development and documentation of policies and procedures.
- Identify areas for workflow process improvements, provide recommendations and execute on the changes.
- Perform other duties and ad-hoc projects as assigned.
What You Bring
- 3+ years of billing experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business, Finance or other related field. An equivalent combination of relevant education and applicable job experience may be considered.
- Customer service (both internally to Apeel and outwardly to customers)
- Interpersonal communication
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Able to handle multiple priorities and set/meet deadlines
- Problem solving
- Documentation skills
Software or Program Knowledge Required for the Position:
Excel experience required.
QuickBooks experience a plus.
Salesforce experience a plus.
Apeel believes that the scale of our impact is determined by the teams that work with us. As such, we seek to build high-performing teams of people from various experiences and backgrounds who can collectively push our company into new realms. We seek a diverse pool of applicants and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, citizenship, disability, Veteran status, marital status, or any other protected status. If you have a special need or disability that requires accommodation, please let us know.Please note that Apeel Sciences does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the event of a recruiter or agency submitting a resume or candidate without a signed agreement being in place, we explicitly reserve the right to pursue and hire such candidates without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted directly to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Apeel Sciences.