Associate Finance Editor
Leaf Group is looking for an Associate Finance Editor to help us crush online content creation at our Santa Monica, CA office.
The Associate Finance Editor is responsible for collaborating cross departmentally to help create engaging financial content and manage content creation initiatives on our finance websites. The ideal candidate should be a proactive self-starter with a keen eye for details, endless sparks of creativity and a passion for learning more about digital new media. This person must have a strong understanding of the online content ecosystem and a strong editorial and writing background.
Our Performance Brands & Partners (PBP) business oversees 60+ of our most promising new web sites. This is an opportunity to not only impact the editorial direction of our finance sites, but also to play a pivotal role in the growth trajectory of the sites.
A big vision calls for a big job. As we grow, our need for an Associate Finance Editor grows with us.
You’ll Report To: Sr. Operations Manager, Media
Works Closely With:
- PBP Editorial Team
- Central Engineering Team
- SEO & Analytics Team
A typical day as an Associate Finance Editor might include:
- Write and publish 1-2 stories daily
- Edit and published 2-5 feature stories daily
- Brainstorm and pitch original story and package ideas on financial topics including home finance, car finance, taxes and financial retirement topics
- Assign stories to freelance writers and see that they’re executed in a timely manner
- Recruit talented freelance writers, as need
- Plan the weekly schedule for your site, with an eye for subject mix
- Work in conjunction with the content operations team to develop strategies in order to achieve monthly traffic goals
- Keep your finger on the pulse of the financial space in order to spot new trends before they hit big
You’ll be successful if you are passionate about great content, have an eagle eye for spotting the next big financial trend and thrive on helping the PBP team reach its full potential. The Associate Finance Editor is responsible for assigning finance stories and editing them prior to publication. As a thought-leader in the financial space, you can also quickly and accurately write 1-2 articles daily. This is a fast-paced position, and requires you to prioritize your tasks in order to see them executed in a timely way.
What You Have:
- A minimum of 2-4 years of editorial experience in the financial space – either journalism-room or content marketing experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in journalism, English, communications or related field.
- Experience working with and building a brand. Experience creating marketing email campaigns or other forms of performance marketing is a plus.
- Excellent content editing and copy editing skills. Proficient in AP Style and has experience creating editorial calendars and online programming. Financial and technical editing experience a plus.
- Ability to meet competing deadlines across several projects in a fast-paced environment. Ability to pivot and adapt to changing priorities.
- Familiarity with SEO concepts, including the role content creation plays in organic search traffic.
- Knowledge of online metrics and statistics reporting tools such as Google Analytics.
- Basic Photoshop skills a plus.
- Excel skills a plus.
- Strong collaboration, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Not afraid to wear multiple hats – no job being too small or too large.
- A willingness to learn and share your knowledge with the team.
Who We Are:
We create experiences that celebrate the best of art, design, and technology. We want smart, curious people committed to putting people first, having fun while they work, a commitment to high quality service to make things better and a desire for constant growth. We work in a fun, hard-working collaborative environment that is diverse, adventurous, and open-minded. Check us out here: https://www.leafgroup.com/brands/
What We Have:
- Well+Good is the 2019 People's Choice winner of the Webby’s Award for Best Lifestyle Brand
- eHow is the 2019 People's Choice and official Webby Winner for Social Video/How To-DIY
- Leaf Group is among the 2019 Built In LA Best Companies To Work For
- Leaf Group is among Comparably's 2018 Best Companies in Los Angeles
- Well+Good is the 2018 winner of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Company Award
- MyPlate is the 2018 winner of the Webby Award for Best Design
- Winner of the 2017 Best Company for Diversity award Comparably
- Competitive compensation and benefits packages (i.e., Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA, 401K)
- Discounted gym memberships
- Paid-to-play vacation rewards
- Discretionary unlimited vacation time
- Employee discounts for Saatchi Art, Society6, and Deny Designs
Leaf Group, Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants for all job openings are welcome and will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or any other basis protected by state, federal, or local law. It is the intent of the Company to comply with all applicable federal, state, and local legislation concerning equal opportunity in employment.
If the Leaf Group Talent Acquisition department, or any current company employee, receives an unsolicited resume from a third party recruiting agency and Leaf Group does not have a signed Agency Agreement active, Leaf Group will not be deemed liable to pay a placement fee. The unsolicited resume will be considered a gift and can be considered for our recruitment efforts.