Associate Director, FP&A at GOAT Group
Greater LA Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:46 a.m. (PST) on Wednesday, August 5, 2020
GOAT Group is a fast-paced company seeking an experienced, highly detailed Associate Director, FP&A with excellent communication and strong analytical skills to work closely with the Director of Finance and CFO on financial reporting, budgeting, as well as managing and mentoring junior finance team members.
In this role you will:
- Lead and manage the company’s financial reporting and budgeting process
- Continue to develop and improve on financial reports to accurately mirror the business’ evolution and needs
- Research comparable industry reporting metrics (financial and non-financial) and adopt the company’s reporting as necessary
- Perform and review month-end variance analysis, working collaboratively with accounting, data, and business leaders to understand prime factors driving variance
- Monitor and analyze monthly operating expenditure of the business
- Partner with business leaders to help manage their budget and ensure financially sound decisions are made
- Manage and provide guidance to junior team members and review work for accuracy
- Promote change and continual process improvement across the finance organization
- Other ad-hoc analysis and work across the business, as necessary
We are looking for:
- 7+ years experience in FP&A, corporate and/or operations finance
- Familiarity in Technology, Ecommerce, and/or Marketplace business models, including omnichannel sales models (web, mobile, and retail)
- Resilience and flexibility to the demands of working in a fast-growing start up, including the need to adapt, build, reprioritize, and learn new aspects of the business as necessary
- Strong understanding of accounting and accounting operations/processes
- Exposure to QuickBooks, NetSuite, and/or other accounting systems a plus
- Mastery in Excel and PowerPoint
- SQL exposure (or a willingness to learn) a plus
- Excellent critical thinking and analytical skills, with a formidable attention to detail
- Healthy curiosity to understand all aspects of the business
- Ability to work collaboratively to drive cross-functional execution on business goals
- Elevated pride of ownership in work product
GOAT is the global platform for style. Founded in 2015 to bring trust to the sneaker community, the technology platform has since expanded to offer apparel and accessories from the world’s leading contemporary, avant garde and luxury brands. Through its unique positioning between the primary and resale markets, the company is able to surface styles from the past, present and future, delivering authentic product to over 20M members across 164 countries.
The company is backed by strategic investor Foot Locker, Inc. as well as some of the leading names in venture capital including Accel, Andreessen Horowitz, Index Ventures, Matrix Partners, Upfront Ventures, Webb Investment Network and Y Combinator.
GOAT Group will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, if applicable. If you are a California resident, please review our California Privacy Rights Notice for Job Applicants.
Read Full Job Description