Assistant Controller at NINJIO (Greater LA Area, CA)
NINJIO is a cybersecurity awareness training company that empowers individuals and organizations to become defenders against cyber threats. The Company offers engaging, 3 to 4-minute Hollywood-style micro-learning videos that teach organizations, employees and families about cybersecurity, breaches, and easily avoidable threats. Combining the Company’s award-winning training with NINJIO PHISH, a natively integrated phishing simulator that allows customers to test and quantify human vulnerability safely and proactively, gives the organizations that NINJIO serves a feature-rich Cybersecurity Awareness Solution.
NINJIO is looking for an Assistant Controller to help support the company’s growth trajectory. Reporting to the CFO, the Assistant Controller will have a critical role as the leader managing day-to-day accounting operations for NINJIO. We're looking for a self-starter with an entrepreneurial mindset who has the experience and vision to build an outstanding accounting department and loves being part of a start-up team.
The role will be hands-on, and results-driven, and have a major impact on the way processes are built and implemented to support the company's significant growth. This position will partner with others across multiple functions ensuring proper alignment with policies and controls for financial reporting in accordance with US GAAP.
The ideal candidate will bring continued accuracy, efficiency, and quality to our accounting team.
- Lead the execution of the recurring financial month-end close process including preparation of month-end journal entries and reconciliations.
- Preparation of monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements in accordance with GAAP.
- Structure and lead an accounting team.
- Hands-on oversight of all accounting operations, including but not limited to subscription revenue recognition, deferred revenue, general ledger, AR, fixed assets, AP, accruals, payroll, invoicing, cash management, etc.
- Partner with all departments to implement policies, processes, and systems that facilitate improved operational efficiency and financial controls.
- Assist in the preparation of the budget and financial forecasts and report variances.
- Manage the relationship and activities of the independent public accountant, external tax advisor, and other third-party advisory firms. Work with external audit and tax specialists on various aspects of year-end audit and federal, state, and local tax filing requirements.
- Accelerate monthly close schedule while ensuring financial accuracy.
- Recognize use of financial data and metrics to measure results and devise strategies for improvements.
- Lead ERP system migration.
- Enhance accounting systems and processes, particularly those related to billing, while creating and maintaining internal controls.
- Assisting the CFO with preparation of reporting and presentations for Board of Directors meetings.
- Participate in M&A activity, including due diligence and integration of newly acquired entities.
- Perform ad-hoc projects as needed.
- Bachelor's degree in business (Accounting/Finance) or related field; CPA is required.
- 10+ years of progressive accounting and finance experience; a combination of "Big 4" public accounting and start-up or publicly traded tech companies.
Skills and Abilities:
- Entrepreneurial mindset a must; self-starter.
- Strong knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (US GAAP), along with exposure to FP&A items such as budgeting and forecasting.
- Experience scaling accounting functions and systems for a growth-stage startup.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written), problem-solving, and analytical skills with a demonstrated ability to work effectively with multiple functional areas in a collaborative, team environment.
- Proven ability to meet changing deadlines and priorities on multiple simultaneous projects, along with "wearing multiple hats" in a fast-paced environment.
- Track record of attracting, managing, and developing top talent.
- Must be detail-oriented and provide a constant, reliable work product.
- Advanced in using Microsoft Excel.
- Strong managerial skills, with at least two (2) years of team leadership experience.
- Proven ability to implement or enhance new systems, processes, and internal controls.
- Detail Oriented
- Excellent Communication
- Problem Solving
Benefits You Will Receive:
- Health Insurance subsidy for you and your dependents
- Paid Time Off
- Free snacks and drinks
- Company paid lunch
- Casual office
- Free parking