AR/AP Specialist at Lumi
Greater LA Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:09 a.m. (PST) on Thursday, July 18, 2019
Lumi helps ecommerce brands produce memorable and sustainable packaging through our online platform and worldwide network of factories. Tens of millions of packages are being shipped every year with Lumi products.
By joining Lumi you will have a front row seat to the rapidly changing way people buy things, and the supply chain behind everything that gets shipped to your doorstep. Learn more →
The AR/AP Specialist will be responsible for supporting a fast growing packaging business by providing transactional and reconciliatory support to the Senior Staff Accountant primarily in an AR and AP capacity. This person will contribute across multiple key accounting areas including Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, general journal entries, monthly account analysis, and balance sheet reconciliations.
- Data entry of customer orders into multiple internal systems; verify all transaction information and correlate what needs to be billed to the client
- Manage deposits and check runs, compute charges and refunds, and handle the entire invoicing process from beginning to end
- Identify delinquent accounts, insufficient payments, and notify customers accordingly
- Collect, analyze and summarize account information and trends for financial reporting
- Maintain accounting ledgers by posting account transactions
- Verify accounts by reconciling statements and transactions
- Resolve account discrepancies by investigating documentation, issuing stop payments, payments, or adjustments
- Maintain financial security by following internal accounting controls
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Knowledge of US GAAP and experience with Xero, Intacct or comparable ERP system
- 3+ years experience in AR/AP in a high-volume, detail critical environment; manufacturing and/or logistics experience a plus
- Comfort communicating with outside vendors and/or customers where necessary
- Familiarity with Gsheets/Excel, Stripe, Bill.com, and other payment processing tools
- Proficient in Outlook or Front
- Strong organization and planning skills
- Independent worker who also functions well as part of a team
- Ability to multi-task and see things through to completion
What we look for
Our team is made up of people from diverse backgrounds, often working remotely across the world. We believe cross-pollination is one of the best ways to foster community and new ideas. For that reason we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply to any of our positions.
Creating a great environment for everyone on the team is something we care deeply about. There are a few qualities we look for in anyone joining Lumi. Here are some of the questions we'll be asking ourselves when reviewing your application:
Curiosity: Your role will evolve as time goes on. Do you have an eagerness to learn new skills, adapt to new situations and get out of your comfort zone?
Communication: Whether it is in written or spoken form, are you able to communicate clearly and concisely with others?
Empathy: Do you collaborate well with others? How do you deal with disagreements? Do you relate to the challenges we seek to solve for our customers?
Work ethic: Do you have a can-do attitude? In the ever-moving world of logistics, will you do your best to not keep others waiting? Can we rely on you to bring rigor and enthusiasm necessary to your work?
Good taste: Are you attentive to details? Do you care about creating an elegant, pleasant experience for customers and those around you?
Note that due to the volume of applications we are not able to reply to everyone. Rest assured, we do read every application. Thanks for considering us!
Read Full Job Description