Accounts Receivable - Billing Supervisor at NEXT Trucking
Headquartered in “Silicon Beach” El Segundo, CA -- NEXT is a company driven by a commitment to providing world-class service to shippers and truckers alike. We’re on a mission to solve a trillion-dollar puzzle and offer painless freight.
Armed with experienced professionals from Amazon, Google, Facebook, Snap, and Salesforce, NEXT is seeking change agents who are excited to make a meaningful impact on an industry driving the U.S. economy. Forbes included us on its 2019 Next Billion-Dollar Startups list, and we’ve been recognized as one of Built in LA’s Best Small Companies to Work For and 50 Startups to Watch. NEXT is venture-backed by leaders such as Brookfield Ventures, GLP and Sequoia Capital.
We are passionate entrepreneurs, creative thinkers, and decision-makers who will transform the freight transportation industry with modern technology. We create delightful product experiences that enables freight to move effortlessly, solving complex problems for our shippers and carriers. We collaborate with some of the best designers, engineers, and business partners to achieve our goals.
Are you NEXT?
About The Role:
As an Accounts Receivable Supervisor, you’ll lead the team members in ensuring timely and accurate billing to the customers while maintaining outstanding customer service.
This is a temp to hire role.
What You’ll Do:
- Leading and training CSRs & AR billers to process customer invoices and resolve claims and disputes
- Maintaining customer profile, rate cards, and customer specific billing procedures & SOPs
- Monitor, assign, and review completed loads and services to be billed to ensure timely and accurate billing to the customers
- Monitor, assign, and review claims and disputes filed by customer to ensure timely resolution and credit issuance
- Research causes of claims and disputes; propose and implement solutions to fix root causes
- Perform daily invoice processing and the related review and reconciliation between billing systems and NetSuite
- Participate in customer pre-onboarding calls to clarify potential misunderstanding in rates and billing requirements stated in contract
- Validate customer rate card set up in billing system and draft customer specific billing procedures and SOPs pre contract upon customer onboarding
- Monitor and review each new customer’s first week billing from beginning to end; follow up with Customer to confirm billing receipt and billing accuracy
- Work with Operations, CSRs, Sales, and Collections team to resolve any customer claims or disputes
- Provide support to Collections team by building relationship with customer’s AP team; facilitate collection of customer outstanding balances as needed
- Establish workflow and SOP on handling customer inquiries and disputes
- Maintain close communicating with customers via phone, email or mail; provide response to customer inquiries within 24 hrs.
- Perform other administrative and ad-hoc reporting as assigned
What You'll Need:
- Proficiency with Google Suite (Gmail) MS Office (Excel and Word), ProfitTools or other TMS systems, NetSuite or other accounting systems
- Must be highly dependable and detail-oriented with the ability to manage many tasks
- Qualified candidates will be a team player with a minimum of a year applicable work
- Logistics, transportation, or freight industry experience required
What You'll Receive:
- Competitive Base Salary + Bonus + Equity
- Full Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- 401k w/ company match
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Dog-friendly open office
- Join a rapidly growing technology company disrupting the trucking industry