Accounts Payable Supervisor
The Accounts Payable Supervisor will oversee an accounts payable team, direct the processing of invoices and payments, and manage expense accounts and budget reports.
- Analyzes invoices and expense reports for accuracy and eligibility for payment.
- Ensures vendor invoices are paid per agreed upon payment terms.
- Analyzes expense reports and other invoices for accuracy and eligibility for payment.
- Develop guidelines for proper handling and coding of invoices to maintain general ledger expense account.
- Prepare accounts payable register and related reports in a timely manner and maintain accurate financial records and control reports.
- Supervise a small group of para-professional staff in an organization characterized by highly transactional or repetitive processes.
- Contribute to the development of processes and procedures.
- Verify payments before Controller’s signature is added by reviewing checks and vouchers.
- Ensure proper recordkeeping of purchases for use in tax preparation and periodic audits.
- Ensure employer identification numbers or social security numbers have been collected from all vendors for the payables clerk to prepare and submit 1099s.
- Ensure proper maintenance, filing, and storage of records in case of audits.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Trains and oversees employees involved in billing functions.
- Directs assigned tasks and provides assistance as needed.
- Assists with performance evaluations.
- Interviews prospective employees and chooses the best applicant based on skills, knowledge, and abilities required for the job.
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting or Business Administration, with three or four years of accounting experience with at least two years in a managerial or supervisory capacity
- Thorough understanding of accounts payable functions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in accounting software and Microsoft Office Suite or related software
- Excellent supervisory and analytical skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail