Clutter is an on-demand, technology company based in Los Angeles that is disrupting the $50B/year self-storage and moving industries. We’ve built an end-to-end logistics and supply chain platform, enabling us to offer consumers a much more convenient solution at price parity with the incumbents. We’ve raised $300M from a number of VCs, including Softbank, Sequoia Capital, Atomico and GV (formerly Google Ventures). We have 500+ team members and tens of thousands of customers in 7 major markets across the US with plans to be in 50+ markets, domestically and internationally, within the next 5 years!
At Clutter, we're fortunate to be providing a consumer value proposition that people love and one that makes economic sense — a true product/market fit that few startups ever find. To deliver on our promise to consumers, team members and investors, we're focused on hiring, training and retaining exceptional individuals. This means that we have a very thorough interview process and maintain high performance expectations, but we'll always be transparent with you and respectful of your time.
We are looking for an Accounts Payable Manager to lead the AP Team and manage day-to-day operations and support all aspects of Clutter’s procurement processes. This individual will be expected to problem solve, exercise common sense with strong business judgment, while providing both internal and external users with excellence in AP.
What you'll do:
- Understand the full P2P cycle to quickly identify the source of bottlenecks, problems and drive issues to resolution including impact and risk assessments, status reporting and more
- Effectively provide day-to-day accounts payable support in the following areas: PO and Non-PO invoice processing, holds, payment cycles, 1099 reporting, records management, GL entries, month-end and year-end closing of the AP modules, and account reconciliation
- Ensure accounts payable operations comply with statutory requirements, company policies, processes, procedures, internal controls, and Finance objectives
- Support the accounts payable operation in identifying, verifying, analyzing, testing and rolling out financial systems, tools and processes
- Assist in the development and implementation of our continuous improvement strategy within AP
- Support maintenance of desktop procedures to ensure current processes are accurately documented
- Ensure internal resources are aligned within project scope for flawless execution
- Work with data from multiple data sources and have comfort with pulling and analyzing multiple reports
- Provide regular communication and training on processes and systems for employees and suppliers
- Collaborate effectively with key internal stakeholders
- Manage escalations from business stakeholders and collaborate with accounting team and third-party software providers to drive timely and accurate resolution
What we’re looking for:
- 5+ years of "procure-to-pay" and continuous improvement/business analysis experience
- Skilled team player with interpersonal skills and a tracking record of successfully working with cross-functional business stakeholders
- Proven analytical and project management skills, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret business needs and translating them into operational requirements
- Proven attention to detail and organization skills
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office
- Experience flourishing in an environment of fast growth and ambiguity
- Experience with NetSuite preferred
Clutter is committed to fostering a fair, inclusive, and equal work environment. We strive to create a workplace that reflects the communities that we serve, where each team member is empowered to come to work as their true self. Diverse teams are more successful, which is why Clutter aims to be a leader in workplace equality and move both our company and the industry forward.