Viant’s culture is a unique combination of strong leadership, ambition, collaboration, and fun, with incredible growth opportunities for our employees! We offer a fast-paced work environment, with a strong focus on employee engagement, recognition, and development. With a commitment to innovation from the top down, Viant continues to remain ahead of the curve in the rapidly changing ad tech marketplace.
This role is an exciting opportunity to join a dynamic team at a leading and growing advertising technology company operating in a fast-paced industry. This role would be heavily involved in certain aspects of the financial close improvement process as the Company transitions to an SEC compliant close and reporting cadence. This role will assist the Accounting Manager and Assistant Controller with certain aspects of the financial close process and collaborate daily with the other Accounting Supervisor on staff to strategize and tackle the coordination of the monthly financial close, handling of audits requests, process improvement projects, and other various internal reporting requests as needed. This is a supervisory role that comes with the opportunity to supervise two junior-level general ledger staff with varying levels of skillsets.
- Accountable for certain aspects of the monthly financial close process and corresponding deadlines
- Coordinate and collaborate efficiently and effectively with the other Accounting Supervisor on staff
- Direct management of two supporting general ledger staff
- Prepare and review support provided to external auditors
- Research and stay abreast of relevant accounting standards, as directed
- Preparation of journal entries for accounting matters that require a supervisor-level skillset
- Review journal entries prepared by other team members and balance sheet reconciliations monthly
- Works closely with the Accounting Manager to maintain appropriate internal controls over certain aspects of accounting transaction processing and reporting
- Facilitate process improvements and efficiencies in the financial close process, as directed
- Work cross-functionally with other teams such as operations to streamline accounting processes, as directed
- Assist with audit/tax/valuation CPAs
- Assist with special projects, as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting, Finance, Business Administration, or related field
- 3+ years relevant Accounting experience
- CPA credential preferred, active or inactive status
- Strong knowledge of accounting and GAAP
- Big 4/regional firm audit/assurance experience preferred
- Analytical ability to develop and implement improvements or recommendations
- Strong attention to detail and high-level of accuracy
- Able to handle extremely sensitive information requiring the utmost discretion and confidentiality
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent IT skills: experience with ERP systems/Accounting software and advanced Excel skills required
- Competitive Salary and Bonuses
- Paid benefits for the employees:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, LTD, Life insurance/AD&D
- Paid parental leave
- Summer “Work from Anywhere” Fridays
- Health and Wellness programs
- Employee discounts – e.g. gym memberships, wireless plans, entertainment tickets
- Fully stocked kitchen
- Casual Office Atmosphere
- Commuter Benefits Program
- Ongoing Education & Training
- Company Sponsored Events & Team Building Experiences
Viant is transforming the world of omnichannel, programmatic media buying and advanced data analytics with a wide range of technologies leveraging artificial intelligence and machine learning to advance digital advertising effectiveness.
Viant designs and develops cloud-based software systems for automated routine analyses to identify hidden insights and high-value opportunities. We capture and analyze data about demand patterns, product preferences, and content consumption behaviors to improve customer retention and loyalty. Viant is continually optimizing how we measure that experience to determine how and where our clients should advertise and sell their products. Viant aims at uncovering revenue opportunities hidden in customer data and recommends where clients should focus marketing experiments to provide high-impact business breakthroughs faster. Viant’s vision is to improve advertising effectiveness by driving real business outcomes while transforming enterprise data into actionable natural language insights for business leaders.
In 2017, Viant acquired Adelphic Inc., a programmatic demand side platform company. Adelphic provides an omnichannel programmatic software solution for agencies, brands and other large media buyers to make meaningful engagements with consumers across today’s fragmented media market. For more information visit us at www.viantinc.com.