At GoodRx, we believe that all Americans should have access to convenient and affordable healthcare. As a nation, we spend about $3.5 trillion annually on our healthcare, but too many Americans struggle to get the care they need, and prices just keep rising. Our marketplaces for prescription medicines and telehealth have helped Americans save $25 billion since 2011. GoodRx is a public company; we're based in Santa Monica with additional offices around the country. We're a low-key and tight-knit group that likes to find new ways to fix big problems. If you share our belief that you can do well by doing good, let's talk.
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company and industry. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunities to excel.
With that said, research shows that women and other underrepresented groups apply only if they meet 100% of the criteria. GoodRx is committed to leveling the playing field, and we encourage women, people of color, and those in the LGBTQ+ communities to apply for positions even if they don’t necessarily check every box outlined in the job description. Please still get in touch – we’d love to connect and see if you could be good for the role!
About the Role
GoodRx is seeking an extremely smart and effective Accounting Manager to join our Accounting team, reporting to the Senior Accounting Manager. Our ideal candidate will have 5+ years of accounting experience with a Big 4 audit background and at least 2 years in a manager-level role on a corporate accounting team. We are looking for a motivated team player who has high attention to detail and strong analytical skills. This individual will be responsible for driving process improvements that are critical to help scale the organization. Successful attributes for the role include the ability to see the big picture, plan ahead and look around corners, excel at juggling multiple priorities, and thrive at going above and beyond. Experience integrating accounting operations for acquired companies is a big plus.
The ideal candidate will be a creative problem solver and collaborative team player with strong quantitative and qualitative skills and an incredible work ethic.
- Perform significant accounting activities with utmost attention to accuracy, reliability and efficiency: month-end and quarter-end close of various items including select revenue streams, various selected operating expenses, accrued expenses, purchasing cards, and cash, among other items.
- Integrate acquired companies into consolidated corporate accounting operations and processes, assist with consolidation, purchase price adjustments, and internal control integration
- Maintain and enforce finance-related policies and procedures and internal controls for areas of responsibility
- Assist in the optimization of existing systems and software, including NetSuite, Blackline, and other new and existing software
- Assist with the preparation of documents for annual financial statement audits, quarterly review activities and internal control audits
- Act as a liaison between the company and the third-party auditors and other outside firms for areas of responsibility
- Ad hoc financial analysis and reporting
Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or a related field required
- CPA license required
- 5+ years of mix of “Big Four” public accounting and industry experience preferred
- Excellent and proactive communicator
- Comprehensive knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Ability to work under pressure and perform several tasks concurrently in a deadline driven environment
- Experience integrating acquired companies is a huge plus
- Knowledge of purchase accounting is a huge plus
- Experience working with financial accounting software (especially NetSuite, BlackLine, and other financial systems)
- Advanced understanding of internal control/SOX concepts
- Public company experience is a big plus
- Experience with supervising accounts payable is a big plus
- Excellent Excel and analytical skills, including vLookUps, Pivot Tables, etc
- Extremely organized and autonomous
- Business-minded with superb communication skills
- Comfortable in a dynamic and fast-moving organization
GoodRx is America's healthcare marketplace. The company offers the most comprehensive and accurate resource for affordable prescription medications in the U.S., gathering pricing information from thousands of pharmacies coast to coast, as well as a telehealth marketplace for online doctor visits and lab tests. Since 2011, Americans with and without health insurance have saved $25 billion using GoodRx and 15 million consumers visit goodrx.com each month to find discounts and information related to their healthcare. GoodRx is the #1 most downloaded medical app on the iOS and Android app stores. For more information, visit www.goodrx.com.
Read Full Job Description