Relocity is a relocation concierge service that is re-thinking the way people relocate. We are working with today’s most innovative companies, relocating their top talent in a way that reduces stress, improves performance and saves time and money for the company.
Our mission is to rethink the traditional relocation business model and provide white glove service to our clients. We are committed to progressive ideas and building a talented, diverse workforce. We have 150+ team members in 13 major cities across the US and several international markets including Ireland, London, Germany and Singapore!
The Accounting Manager reports directly to the Head of Finance and works in close collaboration with the senior management team, Tech and Operations key stakeholders.
As an Accounting Manager, you will manage all aspects of the GL function including month-end close process, order-to-cash, accounts payable, cash management, and financial reporting. Additionally, you will be managing the day-to-day accounting operations.
Who you are:
- Experienced accountant with highly analytical mindset and a strong attention to detail
- Great work ethics and an ability to thrive in a fast paced and ever-changing startup environment
- Has a “can-do” attitude and is willing to take on ad-hoc tasks and challenges when needed
- Desire to improve reporting process and has experience implementing and operationalizing accounting systems and processes
- A collaborative spirit and team leader with excellent interpersonal skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to manage and drive business discussions with influence
- Work with the Head of Finance to build month-end and year-end close process
- Refine and take ownership on day-to-day accounting operations:
- Accounts receivable and payable
- Billing and Cash Management
- General Ledger postings
- Monthly bank reconciliations
- Vendor communication
- International Payroll
- Research, implement, and enforce new accounting systems, policies and procedures
- Assist in the transition from modified cash-based accounting to accrual-based accounting
- Evaluate current accounting policies and procedures and update accordingly to maximize efficiency and turnaround times
- Manage the month-end and year-end accounting close process, including all adjusting journals, intercompany transactions, balance sheet reconciliations, and multi-entity consolidation
- Take ownership on ad-hoc projects as requested by senior management
- Provide resolutions of accounting issues with vendors and other crossed functional teams
- Train and mentor staff on department best practice and procedures
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting
- 5+ years of experience in General Accounting from small to medium size companies; 2+ years in a management role
- Experience implementing accounting systems and building accounting reporting processes & procedures
- Strong understanding of US GAAP (Active or inactive CPA a plus, but not required)
- Previous B2B and startup experience preferred
- Experience with QuickBooks and other ERP systems
- Strong leadership. Effective communication, interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Advanced Excel / Google Spreadsheet modeling and presentation skills.
- Competitive salary
- Paid Time Off
- Health, Dental, Vision, LTD Insurance
- Flexible Remote/Work from home schedule
Relocity proudly contributes a portion of all revenue to Not for Sale, an international non-profit organization based out of San Francisco, California that works to protect people and communities around the world from human trafficking and modern-day slavery.
Relocity is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any applicant on the basis of race, color, religion/creed, national origin, gender, or sex, marital status, age, disability, use of a guide dog or service animal, sexual orientation, military/veteran status, or any other status protected by Federal or State law or local ordinance. Relocity will only employ those who are legally authorized to work.