Team and Role Overview:
Relativity Space is creating the first autonomous rocket factory. Our vision is to build the future of humanity in space – starting with rockets. We have an ambitious mission, and we understand that it takes a village to achieve that.
The Accounting team plays a critical role at Relativity in equipping and empowering the company to make smart business decisions. We work closely and partner with Finance and Procurement teams to predict and ensure the longevity and long-term financial health of the company.
By collecting and maintaining the business’s financial activities in accordance with US GAAP, we enable ourselves to provide accurate and timely financial reports for strategic planning and decision-making purposes as well as quarterly reports to external parties including our investors and lending institutions. As a team, we are responsible for the integrity of our financial data through governing our controls and supporting our annual financial audits. It is also our responsibility to maintain tax and regulatory compliance and reporting requirements across different jurisdictions at federal, state, and local levels.
Now, our team is expanding! We are looking for a driven and detailed-oriented Accounting Manager who will be reporting to the Corporate Controller to join our team. As an Accounting Manager, you will manage all aspects of the GL function including month-end close, inventory costing, fixed assets management, and financial reporting. Additionally, you will be managing the day-to-day accounting operations such as accounts payable, accounts receivable, and credit management. You will be rolling up your sleeves to support these functions, while also being a people manager for a small but growing team. The ideal candidate will have great work ethics, integrity, and an ability to thrive in a hyper-growth and ever-changing environment.
Come join our mission of building humanity in space!
The Mission/Outcomes and Objectives:
We want to send 3-D printed rockets to space! To help the company achieve this mission, we need to make sure that our financial reports are GAAP-compliant and processes optimized so that we successfully get through our first annual audit and many more thereafter. The result of your work will ensure compliance and provide the groundwork for greater financial strategies. Here are some outcomes and objectives that you will achieve:
- Manage the month-end and year-end close process
- Develop and refine payroll processes, and immediately take ownership on payroll administration support
- Support the Controller in ensuring data integrity and accuracy and preparing for audit readiness
- Partner with Engineering and IT organizations to build out our asset tagging system and procedure
- Assist with preparing an “accounting manual” clearly defining and documenting our internal control policies, processes, and procedures
- Design our inventory costing process flow in the new ERP system (Phase 2 implementation) as we gear up for our first customer flight
- Develop and mentor Accounting staff
Technical skills aside, we expect you to have high integrity, a “can-do” attitude, and strong communication skills. You embrace changes well and take initiative in seeking ways to improve the “status quo”. You value and respect people and have a strong team player mindset. You do not get easily overwhelmed with challenges and have a track record of meeting deadlines and taking a proactive approach to your work.
Minimum Required Skills and Competencies:
- 6+ years of relevant accounting experience from both public accounting and industry sectors
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- Certified Public Accounting (CPA) required
- Previous experience in inventory management (cost accounting) is key
- Big 4 / regional firm audit and assurance experience
- Previous industry experience as senior accountant or accounting manager with people manager experience
- Strong understanding and knowledge of US GAAP and internal controls
- Strong attention to detail and high-level of accuracy
- Excellent time and self-management skills; ability to prioritize and multitask to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Solid communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong work ethic and team player
- ERP experience and advanced Excel skills
Preferred Skills and Competencies:
- Fast-growing start-ups and/or manufacturing industry experience – space manufacturing even better!
- Infor LN (previously BAAN) ERP specific experience
- Previous experience in payroll processing and administration is a bonus
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a United States Person as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.