Viant’s culture is a unique combination of strong leadership, ambition, collaboration, and fun, with incredible growth opportunities for our employees! We offer a fast-paced work environment, with a strong focus on employee engagement, recognition, and development. With a commitment to innovation from the top down, Viant continues to remain ahead of the curve in the rapidly changing ad tech marketplace.
This role is an exciting opportunity to join a dynamic team at a leading and growing advertising technology company operating in a fast-paced industry. This role would be heavily involved in the financial close improvement process as the Company transitions to an SEC compliant close and reporting cadence. This role will assist the Assistant Controller with all aspects of the financial close process and other crucial internal and external reporting needs. This is a management position that comes with the opportunity to manage multiple accounting personnel with varying levels of skill-sets.
- Responsibility over the general ledger and corresponding monthly close process
- Direct management of two Accounting Supervisors and supporting junior members
- Assist with the management and review of external audit requests
- Preparation of the monthly financial statements and various other internal and external financial reports
- Review journal entries prepared by other team members and balance sheet reconciliations monthly
- Works closely with the Assistant Controller to develop and maintain appropriate internal controls over all aspects of accounting transaction processing and reporting
- Facilitate process improvements and efficiencies in the financial close process
- Work cross-functionally with other teams such as operations to streamline accounting processes
- Ensure compliance with external reporting requirements such as bank covenants and tax filings
- Assist with audit/tax/valuation CPAs and facilitate requests as needed
- Determine treatment and record transactions for unusual and non-recurring transactions
- Assist with implementation of various modules within new and existing accounting software
- Manage accruals to ensure accuracy and completeness
- Assist with special projects, as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting, Finance, Business Administration, or related field
- 5+ years relevant Accounting experience and experience working in a supervisory role
- CPA credential required, active or inactive status
- Outstanding knowledge of accounting and GAAP
- Big 4/regional firm audit/assurance experience required
- Analytical ability to develop and implement improvements or recommendations
- Strong attention to detail and high-level of accuracy
- Able to handle extremely sensitive information requiring the utmost discretion and confidentiality
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent IT skills: experience with ERP systems/Accounting software and advanced Excel skills required
- Competitive Salary and Bonuses
- Paid benefits for the employees:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, LTD, Life insurance/AD&D
- Paid parental leave
- Summer “Work from Anywhere” Fridays
- Health and Wellness programs
- Employee discounts – e.g. gym memberships, wireless plans, entertainment tickets
- Fully stocked kitchen
- Casual Office Atmosphere
- Commuter Benefits Program
- Ongoing Education & Training
- Company Sponsored Events & Team Building Experiences
Viant is transforming the world of omnichannel, programmatic media buying and advanced data analytics with a wide range of technologies leveraging artificial intelligence and machine learning to advance digital advertising effectiveness.
Viant designs and develops cloud-based software systems for automated routine analyses to identify hidden insights and high-value opportunities. We capture and analyze data about demand patterns, product preferences, and content consumption behaviors to improve customer retention and loyalty. Viant is continually optimizing how we measure that experience to determine how and where our clients should advertise and sell their products. Viant aims at uncovering revenue opportunities hidden in customer data and recommends where clients should focus marketing experiments to provide high-impact business breakthroughs faster. Viant’s vision is to improve advertising effectiveness by driving real business outcomes while transforming enterprise data into actionable natural language insights for business leaders.
In 2017, Viant acquired Adelphic Inc., a programmatic demand side platform company. Adelphic provides an omnichannel programmatic software solution for agencies, brands and other large media buyers to make meaningful engagements with consumers across today’s fragmented media market. For more information visit us at www.viantinc.com.