The Trade Desk is changing the way global brands and their agencies advertise to audiences around the world. How? With a media-buying platform that helps brands deliver a more insightful and relevant ad experience for consumers — and sets a new standard for global reach, accuracy, and transparency.
So if you’re talented, driven, creative, and hungry to bring something entirely new and wildly ambitious into the world (and have some fun doing it), then we want to talk.WHAT YOU'LL DO:
The Trade Desk is seeking an Accounting Manager to lead the General Ledger Accounting team and help build a best-in-class function. Reporting to the Director of Accounting and working with a team of accounting professionals, the Accounting Manager will ensure the accurate and timely execution of the domestic closing processes and the integrity of the General Ledger.
The ideal candidate thrives in a fast-paced environment and welcomes the opportunity to make a difference in building a high caliber team and instituting efficient and effective processes. The ideal candidate will bring strong operational capabilities and will be a confident and effective communicator, fostering an atmosphere of professionalism and accountability – working with the Finance team and collaborating with others with a positive and respectful demeanor.
KEY DAY TO DAY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage, mentor and develop a team of 3-4 accountants and/or senior accountants
- Own the monthly close process ensuring timely and accurate financial data
- Ensure that accounting records are prepared and maintained in accordance with US GAAP and the company's accounting policies, and related accounting principles and practices
- Review general ledger account reconciliations
- Prepare and/or review analysis of various balance sheet and P&L accounts
- Research, document and implement the impact of current accounting conventions
- Work with external audit and SOX compliance to address requests and provide support
- Ensure documentation of, and adherence to, all accounting processes and procedures to support appropriate accounting controls
- Identify and implement process improvements and automation to streamline current processes
- Prepare and/or review ad hoc financial analyses as requested
- Work with international counterparts to ensure worldwide consistency in processes
WHO YOU ARE:
- Bachelor’s or advanced degree in accounting or finance
- 5+ years of relevant accounting experience, consisting of a mix of public and private accounting including a minimum of 2+ years of management experience
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Management Accountant (CMA), or Chartered Global Management Accountant (CGMA)
- Demonstrated understanding of GAAP accounting concepts and principles, including new pronouncements
- Well-organized, with strict attention to detail and proactive approach to problem-solving
- Outstanding communication skills – including written and verbal communications, interpersonal, analytical, negotiating and problem-solving skills
- Ability to juggle multiple high priorities and have a willingness to learn
- Dedication to teamwork, collaboration, and flexibility
- Critical thinker who challenges the way things have always been done to look for opportunities for improvement and efficiency
- Intermediate to advanced Excel skills
The Trade Desk does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firm recruiters. Fees will not be paid in the event a candidate submitted by a recruiter without an agreement in place is hired; such resumes will be deemed the sole property of The Trade Desk. The Trade Desk is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.