Chanje is a California-based OEM delivering medium duty electric vehicles and turnkey energy infrastructure for the last mile industry. We are focused on creating sustainable solutions that improve how companies iesmove people and packages from transportation hubs to their final destinations.
Our opportunity is bigger than simply replacing fossil fuel vehicles with electric. Our long-term vision is to create sustainable urban solutions that improve the last mile and positively impact people, businesses, and communities.
We are here to change energy. Our work starts with changing the fuel of transportation, but we are driven by a much bigger purpose. This larger purpose is to change human energy. We do this by becoming both a catalyst for and an example of positive intention.
Our Corporate Culture
At Chanje, we subscribe to the theory of abundance. Life and business can be win-win. We view our world from a mindset of plenty. We bring this attitude into all areas of our business — both internally and externally.
As a Deliberately Developmental Organization (DDO), we are committed to the development of our work family-professionally and personally. Everyone at Chanje is equipped with a toolkit that allows them to communicate openly, assess their strengths and weaknesses, cultivate their coaching competencies, grow their consciousness, and reflect.
The Accounting Manager will manage the company’s accounting operations, systems, reporting activities and requirements. This position is responsible for staffing the accounting team as the company grows in size and complexity in order to ensure that systems and staff can accommodate the current and future needs of the business.
• Manages the day-to-day accounting functions of the company including accounts payable, accounts receivable, preparation and booking inbound/outbound invoices, purchase orders and other sales accounting operational activities to meet the myriad needs of a start-up
• Manages the General Ledger (account reconciliations, bank account management, oversight for expenditures and receipt of funds)
• Completes monthly, quarterly, annual and ad hoc financial reporting requirements
• Provides support to finance and company leadership with detailed analysis, reports and dashboards
• Develops and maintains a system of policies & procedures, financial controls and a governance framework to ensure the financial security of the business
• Manages payroll & benefits administration functions in close coordination with human resources team (TriNet – PEO & payroll/benefits administrator, Transmerica – 401(k) administrator)
• Leads the internal audit function and coordinates with external auditors on matters requiring close coordination, including accounting policy interpretation, guidance and financial statement audits.
• Guides other departments by researching and interpreting accounting policy; applying observations and recommendations to operational issues
• Avoids operational and accounting challenges by understanding current and proposed legislation; enforcing accounting regulations; recommending new policies and procedures
• Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations
• Dedicate time to the personal development assignments and be willing to get on the mat and practice
• Must be open to domestic and international travel
• BS degree in accounting, finance or economics is required; related master’s degree/MBA is a plus
• Current CPA license in good standing
• 5 - 10 years of experience in public accounting firm
• Experience managing a team of accounting professionals
• Willingness to embrace and embody the company’s core values
• Strong analytical skills with the ability to influence others in a positive manner
• Drive efficient processing of company transactions
• Entrepreneurial spirit with a mindset of always asking how can I do this better?
• Strong planning, organization, and communication skills
• Ability to work independently and be held accountable for committed actions
• Valid passport
• A willingness to change energy!
Working Location and Reports
• This position works out of our headquarters in Playa Vista, CA
• This position reports to the VP of Finance
The Chanje Advantage
• Respect for work-life balance
• Wellness & mindfulness encouraged
• Supportive & connected work environment
• Personal growth coaching
• Generous PTO policy
• Platinum level medical, dental, vision, disability benefits, life insurance and 401(k)
• Industry-leading Parental Leave Policy
• Monthly team happy hours
• Superfood snacks available daily
• Company-funded meal program