Accounting Manager, Store Development at sweetgreen
sweetgreen is on a mission to build healthier communities by connecting people to real food. We passionately believe that real food should be convenient and accessible to everyone. Every day in each sweetgreen, our 4,000+ team members make food from scratch, using fresh ingredients and produce delivered that morning. And in our local communities, we’re committed to leaving people better than we found them. We’re in the business of feeding people, and we’re out to change what that means.
Summary: Reports to the Controller. Manage the accounting for store development including fixed assets and lease administration. Opportunity to build an excellent team and establish best-in-class processes. Act as a thought leader who will be responsible for evaluating the current system, process, and controls to identify areas of improvement.
Core Work Activities:
Day-to-Day Management: Responsible for the store development and lease
administration function of the accounting team. Ensure proper set up of all leases
and accounting in accordance with GAAP. Ensure appropriate recording of fixed
assets under GAAP including capitalization of internal development hours. Review
work product of team members including journal entries and balance sheet
reconciliations as well as period end close tasks.
Project Spend Reporting: Manage and continuously improve reporting for the
multiple store and corporate development projects in progress throughout the year.
Work cross functionally with construction, facilities, technology, and business
applications to understand reporting needs and provide insights and analysis to
Process Improvement: Drive process improvement in daily/weekly/monthly tasks
for efficiency and scalability. Implement controls over project spend as well as
additions and disposals tracking and approvals. Provide input and
recommendations given staffing and structure while ensuring compliance with
GAAP and other laws and regulations.
People Leadership: Manage a team, encouraging collaboration, with a focus on
developing + mentoring the team to improve performance and advance their career
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, + Other Characteristics:
- 8-10 years overall experience with a demonstrable increase in scope and impact
- Multi-unit accounting experience in the areas of fixed assets and lease accounting
- At least 2 years of experience leading a team, to include hiring, managing, and approving their work
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and troubleshooting skills
- Strong written and oral communications skills
- A working understanding of GAAP and how it regulates the work under this role
- Experience designing processes based on the needs of the business and successfully implementing them
- Highly organized, adaptable, and comfortable in a fast-paced growing environment
Desired Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, + Other Characteristics:
- Public company experience a plus
- Prior experience in a startup environment preferred
What you'll get:
- Competitive pay + bonus plan granted based on performance
- Health, dental + vision insurance
- Flexible PTO, because we respect the need for work/life harmony
- An opportunity to make a real impact on the people around you, both by growing them and by connecting them to real food
- To live the sweetlife and celebrate your passion + purpose
- A collaborative family of people who live our core values and have your back
- A clear career path with opportunities for development, both personally and professionally
- Free sweetgreen swag
- Complimentary sweetgreen
Come join the sweetlife!
sweetgreen provides equal opportunities for everyone that works for us and everyone that applies to join our team, without regard to sex or gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, any service, past, present, or future, in the uniformed services of the United States (military or veteran status), or any other consideration protected by federal, state, or local law.
sweetgreen participates in the federal government's E-Verify program to determine employment eligibility. To learn more about the E-Verify program, please click here.