People leader (Y/N): Y
Sweetgreen is on a mission to build healthier communities by connecting people to real food. Sweetgreen currently operates 110 store locations in 9 states. SG has plans to continue our 13-year track record of consistent double digit growth by continuing to expand our footprint across the United States.
Summary: Accounting Manager – Fixed Assets will be responsible for building a team and implementing processes and controls for managing all store fixed assets and leases. The Manager will be responsible for all store development accounting, cash flow forecasting, and the financial aspects of lease administration. The position reports to the Controller and will work closely with our Store Development Team. The Manager will be expected to help hire and develop a team and work with our Development and Technology Teams to implement fixed asset systems.
Core Work Activities:
Day-to-Day Management: Responsible for the store development and lease administration function of the accounting team. Ensure proper set up of all leases and accounting in accordance with GAAP. Ensure appropriate recording of fixed assets under GAAP including capitalization of internal development hours. Review work product of team members including journal entries and balance sheet reconciliations as well as period end close tasks.
Project Spend Reporting: Manage and continuously improve reporting for the multiple store and corporate development projects in progress throughout the year. Work cross functionally with construction, facilities, technology, and business applications to understand reporting needs and provide insights and analysis to stakeholders.
Process Improvement: Drive process improvement in daily/weekly/monthly tasks for efficiency and scalability. Implement controls over project spend as well as additions and disposals tracking and approvals. Provide input and recommendations given staffing and structure while ensuring compliance with GAAP and other laws and regulations.
People Leadership: Manage a team, encouraging collaboration, with a focus on developing + mentoring the team to improve performance and advance their career plans.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, + Other Characteristics Required for Successful Performance:
- 8-10 years of overall experience with a mix of public accounting and industry
- Multi-unit accounting experience in the areas of fixed assets and lease accounting required
- At least 2 years’ experience leading a team
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and troubleshooting skills
- Strong written and oral communications skills
- A working understanding of GAAP and how it regulates the work under this role
- Experience defining processes and procedures and implementing them based on the needs of the business.
- Highly organized, adaptable, and comfortable in a fast-paced growing environment
Nice to have
- Prior experience in a startup environment preferred.
- Public company experience a plus.
- Three different medical plans to suit your and your family's needs
- Dental and Vision insurance
- Flexible PTO plan
- 401k; company match of 50% up to 3% of employee contribution
- 5 months paid family leave; we believe in fully supporting new parents
- Employee HSA and FSA
- Complimentary greens
- An opportunity to make a real impact on the people around you, both by growing them and by connecting them to real food
- To live the sweetlife and celebrate your passion + purpose
- A collaborative family of people who live our core values and have your back
- A clear career path with opportunities for development, both personally and professionally
- Free sweetgreen swag
Come join the sweetlife!About sweetgreen
sweetgreen is on a mission to build healthier communities by connecting people to real food. We passionately believe that real food should be convenient and accessible to everyone. Every day in each sweetgreen, our 3,500 team members make food from scratch, using fresh ingredients and produce delivered that morning. And in our local communities, we’re committed to leaving people better than we found them. We’re in the business of feeding people, and we’re out to change what that means.
sweetgreen provides equal opportunities for everyone that works for us and everyone that applies to join our team, without regard to sex or gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, any service, past, present, or future, in the uniformed services of the United States (military or veteran status), or any other consideration protected by federal, state, or local law.
sweetgreen participates in the federal government's E-Verify program to determine employment eligibility. To learn more about the E-Verify program, please click here.