Accounting Analyst at The Aerospace Corporation
In an era of dynamic change in space, Aerospace is addressing a generation of complex challenges. We operate the only federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) committed exclusively to the space enterprise. Our technical experts span every discipline of space-related science and engineering. Join our team and thrive in a career that matters to the world and you personally.
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
Responsible for applying principles to analyze financial information and prepare financial reports. Maintains or oversees the control of accounts and records in such areas as disbursements, expenses, tax payment, and income. Compiles and analyzes financial information to records transactions, prepare reports, and review and verify accuracy. Prepares balance sheet and profit and loss statements, consolidated financial statements and other accounting schedules and reports.
Demonstrates behavior that is consistent with the company’s values of Dedication to Mission Success, Technical Excellence, Commitment to Our People, Integrity and Objectivity.
- Collects data, analyzes and develops special reports, financial analysis and graphics and briefing charts for presentation to management.
- Develops policies and procedures in regards to accounting processes.
- Analyzes audit requests, aging reports and unfiled reports and provides information as needed.
- Provides monthly financial statements to support management planning and decision making.
- Handles monthly accrual process, account reconciliation, allocation of costs, wire transfers, general ledger entries, ad hoc reporting and account analysis.
- Acts in a lead role in month-end and year-end closing process.
- Prepares, analyzes and interprets monthly financial and operating reports including balance sheet, income statement, contract cost, and overhead analysis.
- 3+ years of relevant experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Experience in Microsoft Office applications including Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Knowledge of general accounting principles
- Customer service orientation
- Must work well in a team environment
- Must be detail oriented
- Ability to prioritize tasks and projects
- Must possess strong organizational skills
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and projects at one time
- Effective interpersonal skills to coordinate efforts and work with other internal and external organizations
- Demonstrated flexibility and ability to adapt to changing organizational needs
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Need to prepare Briefing charts to be used for Senior management and manager training
- Need good Excel and PowerPoint skills
- 6 or more years of relevant experience with Bachelor’s Degree, 4 or more years of relevant experience with Master’s Degree, PhD, or JD
- Experience in SAP
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENTS:
- Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to use a computer to complete activities.
- Ability to communicate with individuals and groups in person, by phone and telepresence.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee will typically work in an office environment.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you’re an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process, please contact us by phone at 310.336.5432 or by email at [email protected]. You can also review The Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law poster and the supplement, as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement.