Web Engineer 2
Discover It Here.
At Nordstromrack.com and HauteLook, we strive to empower shoppers through choice and discovery of the hottest fashion at great prices. At the intersection of technology, fashion and design, we value employees who have great in- “sites” to fashion and e-commerce, act fast, think creatively and embody our customer-first mentality. Our fast-paced, dynamic culture attracts creative, passionate individuals with a determined, can-do attitude and entrepreneurial spirit. Work hard and play hard in a fun, casual and collaborative work environment in the heart of Downtown LA.
A day in the life…
- Design, code and ship significant new functionality for the HauteLook and Nordstromrack.com websites.
- Use React.js to build a very fast browser experience.
- Collaborate with Product Management to release new features that resonate with our customers.
- Partner with Search and Services teams to design and consume hypermedia JSON responses.
You own this if you have…
- 3+ years professional development experience using React.
- Very comfortable with Node.js and modern web development tooling such as webpack, Gulp, Broccoli and Grunt.
- Experience successfully building and releasing a core business application and has learned from failures along the way.
- Ability to design pragmatic software solutions that meet deadlines without making the code a mess.
- Proficient CSS skills. Preferably with experience using SASS, LESS or PostCSS. We do not expect creative design skills, but you have to be able to build a webpage from a comp.
- Groks HTTP, including REST, caching and other semantics.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in CS, Engineering