Web Browser Developer at System1
The Role You Will Have
- Write code and tests, build prototypes, tackle problems, profile and analyze bottlenecks.
- Learn about a wide variety of problems and solutions across a large, mature codebase (ex: how can we improve on the UX, make transitioning from other browsers easier, support legacy add-ons better?).
- Work with driven, committed team members to help bring the most customizable web browser to a larger audience.
What You Will Bring
- BS/MS in CS, CE or 3+ years relevant work experience.
- Care deeply about making the browser fast and customizable (it takes trial and error to make things work on this code base, patience is ideal).
- Proficiency setting up build pipelines for binaries with Multi OS support.
- Experience working with version control systems (especially git).
- Exposure to the internals of the Mozilla platform (Gecko or SpiderMonkey), or curiosity and drive to learn from experts on the team.
- Interest in privacy and privacy-aware technologies.
What We Have To Offer
- Competitive PTO
- 10 Company Holidays
- Untracked sick time
- Medical, Dental, Vision coverage
- 401k w/match
- Professional development reimbursement
- Leadership & growth opportunities
- Commuter benefits