Relativity is the first and only company to automate aerospace manufacturing by integrating intelligent robotics, software, and proprietary metal 3D printing technology. Disrupting 60 years of aerospace, Relativity offers a radically simplified supply chain, building a rocket with 100x fewer parts in less than 60 days. Our long-term goal is to upgrade humanity’s industrial base on Earth and on Mars.
The Vehicle Development team at Relativity Space is responsible for the integrated stages and vehicles throughout the life cycle of the rocket. On this team you'll work with every function of the company the help design, build, test and fly the world's first 3D printed rocket. We are experts in doing things for the first time, tackling the tough integrated problems and finding the right balance of planning, rigor and speed to get to a successful flight as fast as possible.
What you’ll do:
In this role you will be the main conduit between the design team and the manufacturing, operations and launch teams. You will support the build of the vehicle and quickly resolve integration issues. You will contribute to planning of stage hot fire tests and launch campaigns with specific responsibilities like coordinating test specific instrumentation, working with design teams to codify operational limits and organize reviews of CONOPS and procedures.
In addition to the manufacturing and operations focus, you will support or own projects that cross subsystem boundaries such as trade studies, interface coordination, or subsystem requirements development. You will also take ownership of projects of your own creation to increase our collective efficiency.
What you need to know:
- Bachelor’s degree in a science, engineering, technology, or mathematics field
- Strong engineering fundamentals in thermodynamics, thermal, structural, fluids analysis and/or electronics
- Project or work experience in testing or deploying an integrated system
- Demonstrated drive to push projects through design and into operations
- Demonstrated ability to learn new disciplines and skills quickly
Nice to haves but not required:
- 1+ year of work experience in design, integration or testing complex systems
- Leadership or coordination experience in a multidisciplinary engineering project
- Experience scripting or programming in Python or Matlab
Relativity Space offers competitive salary and equity, a generous vacation policy, an annual L&D stipend and more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.