WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR . . .
Versus is looking for a Unity developer to help us change the gaming industry. You’d be helping us and our game developer partners by developing, integrating, and customizing the Versus in-game prizing platform. The Versus platform is a custom white-label solution that allows game developers to offer prize-based matches to their players. Winning real prizes will change how video games are being played, and you’re going to help us do it.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING . . .
As our Unity contractor your scope of work will include the following:
- Notification: banner logic, badges and pop-up
- Landscape and responsive UI
- UI updates and enhancements
- Transition SDK from Legacy platform to prizing platform and F2P platform
- Merging callbacks
- Unity Versioning
- Code review across Unity SDK and other products
- Assist Product Manager with outbuild documentation
- Integrating partner software into market
YOU NEED . . .
- To have shipped at least 2 - 3 games and played a significant role in their creation and development
- Strong programming, architecture, and development skills
- Minimum of 3+ years of professional work experience as an engineer/programmer, not including internships or school
- Significant experience in Unity and the ability to extend and customize the engine’s functionality (preferably for mobile platforms)
- Professional experience with client-server development with REST or RPC based APIs
- A strong understanding of asynchronous and event-based programming
- Autonomy and self motivation with a ‘get it done’ attitude
- Knowledge of how to build 2D UI systems in Unity uGUI or NGUI, Unreal UMG or similar
WE WOULD LOVE TO SEE . . .
- Experience working on building game servers and real-time multi-player systems
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, a related discipline, or at least 3 years of equivalent work experience
- Start date: ASAP
- 2 months, renewable monthly after first 60 days for up to 6 months