UI Software Architect - Applications at Procore Technologies
What if you could use your technology skills to develop a product that impacts the way communities’ hospitals, homes, sports stadiums, and schools across the world are built? Construction impacts the lives of nearly everyone in the world, and yet it’s also one of the world’s least digitized industries, not to mention one of the most dangerous. That’s why we’re looking for a talented UI Software Architect to join Procore on our journey to revolutionize a historically underserved industry.
As a UI Software Architect, you’ll work across multiple organizations and teams that oversee a variety of products and applications that Procore customers use to manage construction projects from inception to completion. To be successful in this role, you must be able to navigate Engineering, Product, and Business teams to build and drive your architectural vision. You’ll leverage your strong communication skills to share your vision and insights with other leaders and levels of individual contributors across the company.
This position will report to the SVP of Engineering and has the opportunity to be based in our Carpinteria, CA or Austin, TX office locations. Remote candidates will be considered with the expectation of frequent travel to a Procore location. We’re looking for someone to join our team immediately.
What you’ll do:
- Serve as our subject matter expert for all things related to UI and a modularized, highly scalable, highly configurable application layer
- Drive strategy and overall vision for the modularization of Procore's front-end and application layer
- Leverage your expert perspective as Procore decouples the software front-and-back end
- Drive out a highly scalable and performant UI Architecture by creating architectural principles, frameworks, and standards for the UI for Procore's application layer
- Communicate decisions to cross-functional partners throughout all levels of the organization
- Mentor members of Engineering teams where engineers are expected to design and execute the necessary work to ensure quality in their own code as well as other engineers'
- Partner closely with other Procore Architects to collaborate, contribute and align on best practices and ensure application layer use cases are represented in the evolution of the platform
- Work closely with a team of Engineers, Product Managers, and User Experience experts to architect new features our customers will love, adopt, and use while keeping our trusted platform stable and scalable
- Represent Applications teams with internal/external highly technical groups and be part of design reviews for others
- Implement test strategies, design automation frameworks, write unit/functional tests to drive up code coverage and automation metrics
What we're looking for:
- BS degree in Computer Science, a similar technical field of study, or equivalent practical experience is required; MS or Ph.D. degree in Computer Science or a related field is preferred
- 10+ years of experience in object-oriented program fundamentals, test-driven development, and design principles (specifically building modern UI's and working on the application layer)
- Previous experience transitioning legacy, monolithic software to a more modernized architecture with an emphasis on the application layer and UI
- Previous experience architecting highly scalable modular UI's
- Track record of being a top performer and successful mentor in current and past roles
- Proven Experience working with frontend frameworks such as ReactJS, Redux, Relay/GraphQL, Ember.js, Angular.js
- Experience in automated testing including unit and functional testing using Java, JUnit, JSUnit, RSpec, Selenium, Mocha, or QUnit
- Experience with common developer tools like SCM (git, Mercurial), build tooling (Maven, Rake, etc.) and IDEs (Eclipse, VisualStudio, JetBrains products)
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills that inspire and motivate all team members
- Strong ability to influence Engineering and business partners on software architecture and project roadmaps in order to drive positive change
Procore Technologies is building the software that builds the world. We provide cloud-based construction management software that helps clients more efficiently build skyscrapers, hospitals, housing complexes, and more. Our headquarters is located on the bluffs above the Pacific Ocean in Carpinteria, CA, with growing offices worldwide. Check us out on Glassdoor to see what others are saying about working at Procore!
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome builders of all backgrounds. We thrive in a diverse, dynamic and inclusive environment. We do not tolerate discrimination against employees on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.
Perks & Benefits
You are a person with dreams, goals, and ambitions—both personally and professionally. That's why we believe in providing benefits that not only match our Procore values (Openness, Optimism, and Ownership) but enhance the lives of our team members. Here are just a few of our benefit offerings: competitive health care plans, flexible paid time off (Procore Values Time), employee enrichment and development programs, and volunteer days.