Thermal Systems Engineer
The aero-thermal team is responsible for the analysis, design, and testing of aerodynamic and thermal subsystems for the hyperloop transportation system. These include a variety of moving and stationary components including the pod, the electric propulsion, the electromagnetic levitation, the de-pressurization pumps, the re-pressurization valves, the airlocks and air-docks, the on-board and off-board power electronics, the tubes, the pylons, the tunnels, and the portals (stations). We are seeking candidates with various levels of experience to join our team of qualified and diverse individuals at our Los Angeles facility.
The Thermal Systems Engineer will have the opportunity to participate in the thermal design and analysis of the hyperloop’s key mechanical and electrical systems and subsystems, as well as the experimental platforms developed for the testing of these systems.
MINIMUM REQUIRED EXPERIENCE:
- B.S. in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering or related fields
- Deep understanding of the fundamentals of conductive, convective, and radiative heat transfer.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in one or more of the following related fields:
- Battery thermal management
- Heat exchangers
- Electronics cooling
- Aerospace/Avionics thermal management
- Low pressure environments
- Thermodynamic cycles
- Conjugate heat transfer
- Thermal analysis using:
- First principle models
- Lumped capacitance models
- 3D numerical simulations
- Significant experience running heat transfer numerical simulations (ANSYS, STAR-CCM+, SINDA/Fluint, COMSOL, Thermal Desktop, etc.)
- Hands-on laboratory setup of experiments.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- M.S. or Ph.D. in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering or related fields
- CAD experience. Siemens NX and Teamcenter preferred.
- Familiarity with multi-disciplinary optimization methods and software packages is a plus.
Hyperloop One is an Equal Employment Employer; employment is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other protected status. Hyperloop One will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the “Ban the Box” legislation. We may access publicly available information as part of your application. For full information on how your personal information will be stored and processed, please click here.
To all recruitment agencies: Virgin Hyperloop One does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Virgin Hyperloop One employees or any other company location. Virgin Hyperloop One is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.