To connect the world, we must reflect the world. At Virgin Hyperloop, we’re bringing together unique perspectives, empowering our community to celebrate all voices, and creating equal opportunities to build, grow, and thrive.
WHY WE NEED YOU
We are seeking an experienced Test Engineer to join our world-class Test Engineering team in making the hyperloop a reality. This individual will work closely in a fast-paced, agile environment during product development and V&V activities.
Test Engineering is responsible for developing, enforcing and implementing testing requirements and rigor as defined in cooperation with the Hyperloop One Safety/Certification team; design and implementation of testing equipment, instrumentation, facilities, procedures, processes, documentation including data management, safety protocols, prototype testing, life-cycle verification and oversight of all testing operations.
Let’s build a better future together!
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Specify, procure, setup, and operate sensors and instrumentation to meet the needs of the testing
- Work with internal and external customers to develop test plans & procedures to meet testing needs in a realistic and achievable manner
- Collaborate with Design and Systems Engineering to define requirements and specification for testing, verification, and validation
- Manage testing programs from test planning, test execution, to data reporting
- Consult with technicians, other engineers, management and others as needed
- Perform data analysis and generate technical reports
- Responsibilities may include project management, including budgeting, scheduling, and communicating project information
- Construction, set-up and operation of testing equipment
- Troubleshoot and fix issues with testing equipment and or set-up
WHAT YOU'VE DONE
- Experience with selection, procurement of test instrumentation, including: pressure transducers, load cells, thermocouples, RTDs, accelerometers, laser sensors, and more
- Experience using basic test equipment such as multimeter, oscilloscope, etc
- Capable of creating, managing, and executing effective test programs in a rapid development environment
- Experience in developing requirements-driven test plans and procedures
- Experience working in a highly integrated software/hardware environment
- Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot complex issues
NICE TO HAVE
- B.S., M.S. or advanced degree in Engineering or equivalent field
- Experience with high power electromechanical systems; basic understanding of high voltage and electrical principles
- Test fixture design and setup experience
- Working knowledge of 3D CAD Design Software such as Unigraphics NX, Solidworks, AutoCAD etc.
- Good understanding of engineering concepts, principles, and theory with technical experience demonstrating the application of those concepts while ensuring safety and regulatory compliance
- Experience testing, qualifying, and/or certifying large-scale complex systems
WHY VIRGIN HYPERLOOP
- Our Benefits: medical (including infertility & mental health), dental, vision, life, FSA, HSA, 401k, and more
- Your Wellbeing: flexible work schedules, unlimited PTO, and 16 weeks of paid parental leave