Test and Integration Project Engineer at The Aerospace Corporation
In an era of dynamic change in space, Aerospace is addressing a generation of complex challenges. We operate the only federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) committed exclusively to the space enterprise. Our technical experts span every discipline of space-related science and engineering. Join our team and thrive in a career that matters to the world and you personally.
The Advanced Demonstrations group provides engineering expertise on advanced communication systems within the Special Programs enterprise, supporting exciting and high-value activities in a closed domain. The selected applicant will have a unique program office opportunity to serve a key role as a member of the engineering team, leading the development, integration, and test of end-to-end advanced communication systems. Further, the selected applicant will be involved in a series of exciting events over a short timeline, with the opportunity to have a tangible impact on the success of the program. This position is for a technical and acquisition role within an integrated program office of Air Force, Aerospace, and SE&I contractors.
- Ensure technical coordination across key internal/external stakeholders
- Serve in a lead systems engineering role across a multi-segment enterprise
- Participate in the development and execution of a dynamic test and integration program
- Independently identify, assess and enable the resolution of technical disconnects within the enterprise
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
- Establish and maintain the confidence and trust of the government customer
- Work integrally and effectively with the program office team and staff from external organizations
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, computer science, physical science, mathematics, or related technical degree
- Typically 8 or more years of increasingly responsible professional engineering/scientific experience, including experience in a systems engineering and/or program management environment
- Current Top Secret/SCI clearance required to interview with the ability to obtain additional security clearances
- Experience building and maintaining effective interpersonal relations with internal and external organizations such as with customers, Aerospace, contractors, or related
- Experience coordinating Engineering & Technology Group (ETG) support
- Demonstrated systems engineering experience
- A moderate amount of domestic travel is expected
- Demonstated experience with system integration and test and operational testing
- Demonstrated technical experience supporting integrated operational ground systems.
- Relevant experience in technical leadership of operations and sustainment activities for Air Force space systems
- Relevant experience in a program office environment and proven ability to respond to dynamic customer needs
- Experience with mission assurance processes, practices, and techniques
- Relevant experience with a multi-stakeholder project environment
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you’re an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process, please contact us by phone at 310.336.5432 or by email at [email protected]. You can also review The Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law poster and the supplement, as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement.