Dave is a banking app on a mission to create financial opportunity that advances America’s collective potential. Dave helps its more than eight million customers budget, find work, build credit, and access income to cover immediate expenses. Dave is backed by Mark Cuban, Norwest Venture Partners, Section 32, and Financial Venture Studios, among many others.
- Sets expectations for the team's overall technical direction, in partnership with Director of Engineering and CTO.
- Develops Engineers so they can achieve their professional goals.
- Drives a culture of feedback that facilitates learning and product improvement
- Leads quarterly planning and goal setting for their respective engineering team.
- Maximizes team performance through collaboration and delegating based on team members strengths
- Participates in strategic planning with other Technical Leads in order to build a great collective engineering experience across the company
- Work closely with our PM and design teams to define feature specifications and build products leveraging frameworks such as React & React Native
- Minimum of 6 years of experience in software development
- Proven experience with mentoring a team of engineers.
- Strong CS fundamentals and problem solving skills
- Proven ability to work as part of a team
- Effective communication skills, a positive attitude, and ability to give and receive constructive feedback.
- The ability to discuss and explain system architecture and component design.
Benefits & Perks
• Premium Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance plans
• Insurance premiums 100% covered for you and 80% for your dependents
• Company provided Basic Life and Short-Term Disability plans
• Competitive salary and equity compensation packages
• Voluntary Life Insurance and Long-Term Disability plans
• 401(k) savings plan with matching contributions
• Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
• Generous and flexible PTO
• Flexible work hours
• Generous paid parental leave
• 1UP Wednesdays where you can teach or learn something new from a fellow Dave
• A collaborative environment with opportunities for learning and growth
• Virtual social events
Dave Inc is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, ethnicity, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, medical condition, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.