Technical Lead - Full Stack Developer
3Diligent is a rapidly growing post-revenue startup in the digital manufacturing space. We dynamically and algorithmically assess, quote, and fulfill custom manufacturing requests via our global manufacturing network, giving our customers on-demand access to the latest and greatest in 3D Printing and other digital manufacturing technologies. You might think of us as an Uber or Lyft for the $12T manufacturing industry.
3Diligent is seeking an experienced full stack engineer to spearhead building our next gen platform. We have already developed a functional application, so our expectation is that this hire would be able to leverage some of the existing stack (PostgreSQL, Ruby, JS, HTML/CSS), which was developed with a talented dev shop.
Outstanding candidates will be passionate about creating world class solutions and working in a startup environment where there are big responsibilities along with the opportunity to make a big impact. You will be working directly with our CEO in helping refine the product vision and developing it. You will also be working with an algorithm engineer to incorporate exciting additional functionality into the site. We expect to augment your skills with more junior engineers - either on a contract or new hire basis - so comfort leading teams is a must. Top candidates will have at least 5 years of full-stack experience along these lines. Compensation range is flexible and will be based on the capabilities of the candidate, with our general policy being to match your previous salary plus an equity kicker, as we are looking for believers in the vision and excited about building something amazing and lasting, not simply looking for a quick payday.
- Applicants should have at least 5 years of full stack development experience.
- Experience building sites with scalable two-sided business models is a must. We reference ride-hailing services at the outset because there are a number of key similarities in the way we both deliver our service, save for the fact that we are web-based and our average transaction size is much bigger. So if you've worked with a similar technical platform before, that's fantastic.
- Experience with Computer Aided Design and rendering software is a bonus.
- Experience integrating applications into ERP, PLM, and CAD systems also a plus.
- Experience integrating computer learning models in conjunction with data scientists/algorithm engineers also a major plus.
- Experience with AI/computer learning a plus
- Lastly, you would be our senior-most developer and while we expect you to roll up your sleeves, you would also be managing junior developers - to that end, experience and demonstrated success managing, developing, and generally getting the most out of junior resources is required.
- Strong ability to communicate upward and downward in a collegial and effective way
- Strong ability to conceptualize the customer experience and develop solutions that enhance it
- Comfortable with a fast-paced, dynamic, rapidly evolving entrepreneurial environment
- Angular JS