Tech Lead, Software Engineering (Python)
Tech Lead, Software Engineering
A content technology platform, Nativo helps advertisers create meaningful brand connections with consumers and empowers publishers with breakthrough monetization solutions. We’re preparing the world for the age of content, where digital advertising is becomes a seamless, authentic, and helpful consumer experience.
We invite you to join us for an exciting and rewarding experience as a Tech Lead, Software Engineering. This role will be spearheading the efforts to develop our native advertising SaaS platform, which serves premium publishers and brands. This individual will have a passion for leveraging technology to solve problems and maximize productivity and efficiency.
Our current stack includes: Python 3, Flask, SQLAlchemy, Redis, ElasticSearch, MSSQL/PostgreSQL, Celery, Vue.js and AngularJS, D3, Bootstrap, LESS, and Grunt
What you'll do:
- Mentor a small team of engineers.
- Lead the design and architecture of our core SaaS platform and related services
- Organize work for team and contribute daily to the codebase
- Manage code reviews, sprint demos, and retrospectives
- Work in an agile environment with two-week sprints
- Work with the product team and stakeholders to build the best possible product
- Coordinate with other engineering teams to insure our systems have zero downtime
- Interviews and hires new engineers as needed
What you need:
- At least 1 year of experience mentoring an engineering team, or proved tech leadership position
- More than 7 years of experience in developing web applications
- Extensive experience with Python and Python libraries/frameworks such as Flask, SQL, Alchemy, etc.
- Ability to work in an agile, startup environment is required
- Experience in SQL databases (PostgreSQL, MySQL, MSSQL) and No-SQL databases (Redis, Elastic)
- Experience developing in a Cloud environment, preferably with AWS
- Git and Git workflow is a plus
- Knowledge and experience with open source products
- Ability to execute on ideas and influence decision making in a clear and effective manner
- Understanding of software engineering best practices and object-oriented designs
What We Offer:
At Nativo, you make an immediate impact. Nativo is made up of smart, talented and driven people looking for other potential team members with the same attitude of innovation and excellence. We offer incredible opportunities to learn and work on projects that transform digital advertising. We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes stock options, health coverage, employer-matched 401k, cutting edge work, and the opportunity to join a rapidly growing startup with a proven product.
Nativo empowers brands and publishers with the world’s most advanced platform for content.
For brands, Nativo enables storytelling at scale with the largest native reach and reveals insights that unlock return-on-content. For publishers, Nativo enriches monetization with the most comprehensive platform for next-generation ad formats and breakthrough technology for accelerated webpages. Nativo’s mission is to equip advertising for the age of content, improving the web experience and creating meaningful connections for today’s digital consumer.
From the hands and minds of an amazing team, Nativo has engineered a platform that has been recognized as the best available in the market. Nativo is respected, well-funded, and is recognized as one of top tech companies to work for. Nativo is well-positioned to play a vital role forging the path of media and advertising in the coming years. The opportunity to join a team that is making a huge impact is now.