To connect the world, we must reflect the world. At Virgin Hyperloop, we’re bringing together unique perspectives, empowering our community to celebrate all voices, and creating equal opportunities to build, grow, and thrive.
WHY WE NEED YOU:
The Systems Engineering and Integration team is responsible for leading Virgin Hyperloop’s overall system definition and integration requirements for the entire Hyperloop Program. As the System Integration, Specialist II you will lead system integration for control systems architecture, requirements, verification, and validation for Fly by Wire Systems.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Technical leader, supporting the chief system architect, with the development of system integration, software, control system, and sensing architecture and requirements as well as assessing impact of technical decisions on business outcomes.
- Support system trade studies through the development of matlab tools and excel tools
- Gather responsible engineers from multiple disciplines in order to problem solve critical issues as needed in support of prototype vehicle testing.
- Use experience and analysis to develop tests and define test cases, as well as build or support the development of tools with the SLAM team to show design compliance to system level tests in support of certification.
- Partner with flight control, control architecture, core engineering, and software engineering teams to help develop technical solutions and aid the system engineering team in developing requirements.
- Oversee, review and sign-off of all deliverables within a functional area and ensure defined timelines, quality standards and business objectives are met.
- Establish best practices, methods and standards and ensure processes and standards are followed:
- Design Reviews
- Requirement Development and interpretation of requirements
- Definition of means of compliance
- Design, resolve, and track problem reports for system integration
- Lead, train and mentor a team within a functional area
- Technical mentorship and leadership of junior systems engineers
- Support technical performance, compliance, standards, and process
WHAT YOU'VE DONE:
- Bachelor of Science in Aerospace Engineering, Aeronautics, Astronautics, or equivalent discipline
- > 10 years of experience in System Architecture, System Engineering, Multi-disciplinary System Optimization
- Experience with Fail Operation Design, FMEA processes, FAA or Cenelec Standards for Transportation
- Extensive experience working in the system integration space with a big emphasis on test, validation, verification, and certification
- You are an effective communicator with extensive organization skills
- You have the keen ability to persuade and present solutions to all levels within Engineering
- Must be able to lead a team and provide guidance and direction to junior and senior level talent cross-functionally
WHY VIRGIN HYPERLOOP:
- Our Benefits: medical (including infertility & mental health), dental, vision, life, FSA, HSA, 401k, and more
- Your Wellbeing: flexible work schedules, unlimited PTO, and 16 weeks of paid parental leave
Hyperloop One is an Equal Employment Employer; employment is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other protected status. Hyperloop One will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the “Ban the Box” legislation. We may access publicly available information as part of your application. For full information on how your personal information will be stored and processed, please click here.
To all recruitment agencies: Virgin Hyperloop One does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Virgin Hyperloop One employees or any other company location. Virgin Hyperloop One is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Read Full Job Description