Our team combines seasoned aerospace engineering talent and Special Operations combat veterans to address 21st century threats. We embrace the best practices from Silicon Valley innovation such as agile development and deliver breakthroughs in high-power microwave for offensive and defensive EMP and artificial intelligence for enhanced targeting capabilities.
Job Objective: Epirus designs and manufactures novel RF systems for a variety of platforms in a rapid development environment. The Systems Engineer role is a multidisciplinary role, with significant breadth (interacting with all engineering disciplines) and depth (from customer needs to unit-level specifications). This role will focus on typical Systems Engineering responsibilities, such as product architecture, Concept of Operations (CONOPS) definition, interface definition, and requirements definition. This role will focus on integration, verification, validation (IV&V) planning/execution, change management, management at system, sub-system, and unit levels, etc. A modern tool- and model-based approach to Systems Engineering is preferred in order to leverage supporting technology to make processes more thorough and efficient. Epirus is a fast-moving technology company, and the team focuses on facilitating rapid development rather than overly bureaucratic processes.
- System architecture/sizing studies for new products/baseline changes
- Develop models for key performance parameters that can be used to derive requirements and perform trade studies/impact analyses
- Coordinate key requirements with subsystem design teams; tracking requirement flow-down, changes, and verification
- Define and iterate on product concept of operations (CONOPS)
- Facilitate multi-discipline coordination across teams, including interface documentation
- Ensure verification completeness and consistency across the engineering teams
- Quick-turn change impact analysis to facilitate agile hardware development
- Facilitate IV&V planning and preparation, including resource planning
- Contribute technical writing and figures to proposals and other business development efforts
- Degree in one of the following: Systems Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering
- 5+ years industry experience, preferably with Systems Engineering experience spanning the entire product lifecycle
- US Citizen or permanent resident (future security clearance may be required)
- Aerospace/Defense experience and/or military experience preferred, or experience in robotics or a similar industry (e.g. electro-mechanical products)
- Good written and oral communication skills; not afraid to speak up, either to ask for help or disagree on a technical point that warrants more discussion
- Collaborative; capable of working across all levels of the organization
- Eager to learn and to help others on the team
- Organized; comfortable working in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
- Focused, with perspective on what matters most, rapidly delivering customer value
- Experience working with Systems Engineering tools such as for Requirements Management, Product Lifecycle Management, etc.
- Experience with model-based Systems Engineering in some fashion
- Familiarity with RF systems (e.g. radar, comms, EW, etc.) or other electronics systems, and in general a broad interest and level of familiarity with multiple engineering disciplines
Epirus was the magical bow with infinite arrows wielded by the Greek hero Theseus. Like our namesake, we strive to be fast, efficient, and limitless in our approach. This agility, combined with a culture of innovation in systems development, allows us to move quickly without losing the decades of lessons learned.
We have developed technologies that leverage new breakthroughs in sensors and high-power microwave, combined with computer vision and advanced software control. Our first broad-market application is a comprehensive defense system to defeat offensive drones at scale.
Read Full Job Description