Systems Engineer at Honey
Honey is a fast-growing startup based in Los Angeles. Our online shopping platform offers users a smarter way to shop. We open up instant access to exclusive savings, deals, rewards and discovery, all powered by the collective knowledge of Honey's community of online shoppers. We are helping millions save when they shop online, and we're hiring! We are actively seeking a Systems Engineer to join our Los Angeles team.
Our Engineering Team values problem-solving, collaboration, constant learning, and curiosity about how things work. We are looking for engineers who want to be better at their job today than they were yesterday. In this role, you’ll recommend and implement changes across our systems and environments, evaluate new technologies, and contribute to our technical direction. We primarily use Google Cloud Platform, Terraform, Python, Node.js, Nagios, Jenkins and have a microservice-based architecture using Docker and Kubernetes. We value individuals who are curious, able to communicate effectively, and passionate about open-source software and new system architecture trends. With a strong focus on ownership, Honey is the ideal place to grow your career and make an impact on products that are used by millions.
If you’re on the fence about whether you meet all of the requirements for this role, please apply!
- You have a strong understanding of Linux-based system fundamentals
- You use a modern version-control system for your source code repository (Git, Mercurial, GitHub, BitBucket)
- You’ve worked with a major public cloud provider (Azure, AWS, GCP, etc)
- You want to work with Docker and Kubernetes
- You’re passionate about open-source software and the latest system architecture trends
- You have strong verbal and written communication skills
- You enjoy being in a rapidly changing environment
- You work to create excellent systems via rapid iteration, collaboration, and peer review
In this role, you’ll:
- Deploy, configure, and maintain servers and other critical infrastructure to support all Honey teams
- Manage, monitor, and improve highly scalable, distributed systems to create highly available services
- Scale systems sustainably through automation
- Evolve systems by pushing for changes that improve reliability and velocity
- Build dashboards and configure monitoring
- Investigate production outages, and help determine root causes and implement fixes
- Make recommendations and implement changes to improve system performance
- Develop and maintain documentation for systems and architectural standards.
- Participate in a sane, well-structured, shared on-call rotation
Bonus Points for:
- Experience with monitoring
- Experience with continuous integration and delivery
- IAC using Terraform or similar tools
- Previous experience with GCP
At Honey, we are committed to building a diverse and inclusive company. We seek to create a culture where everyone can belong because we believe that people do their best work when they can show up every day as their authentic selves. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives.
Honey is an equal opportunity employer. We do not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or genetic information, in compliance with applicable federal, state and local law.