Honey is a fast-growing startup based in Los Angeles. Our online shopping platform offers users a smarter way to shop. Through a simple browser extension, we open up instant access to exclusive savings, deals, rewards and discovery, all powered by the collective knowledge of Honey’s community of online shoppers. We are helping millions save when they shop online, and we're hiring! The ideal candidate should possess a background in systems engineering, automation, cloud computing, and site operations, as well as strong problem solving abilities.
About the Team:
As a member of our team, you’ll recommend and implement changes across our systems and environments, evaluate new technologies, and contribute to our technical direction. We primarily use Google Cloud Platform, Terraform, Python, Node.js, Nagios, Jenkins and have a microservice-based architecture using Docker and Kubernetes. We value individuals who are curious, able to communicate effectively, and passionate about open-source software and new system architecture trends.
About the Role:
You will be part of the team evangelizing the overall reliability, security, and performance of our platform. You will be contributing to tooling, infrastructure management, first tier alerting, building dashboards, and configuring monitoring. You will work collaboratively with Tech Leads, Security, and IT teams to build efficient, reliable, and durable infrastructure at Honey.
What You'll Do:
- Deploy, configure, and maintain servers and other critical infrastructure to support all Honey teams
- Manage, monitor, and improve highly scalable, distributed systems to create highly available services
- Scale systems sustainably through automation, and evolve systems by pushing for changes that improve reliability and velocity
- Build dashboards and configure monitoring
- Investigate production outages, and help determine root causes / implement fixes
- Make recommendations and implement changes to improve system performance
- Develop and maintain documentation for systems and architectural standards.
- Participate in an on-call rotation
- Strong understanding of Linux-based system fundamentals
- Comfortable with git
- Experience with a major public cloud providers (Azure, AWS, GCP, etc)
- Experience or desire to use Docker & Kubernetes
- Passionate about open-source software and the latest system architecture trends
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Curious, and able to communicate effectively
- Ability to adapt to a rapidly changing environment
Bonus Points For:
- Experience with monitoring
- Experience with continuous integration and delivery
- IAC using Terraform or similar tools
- Previous experience with GCP
Honey is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or genetic information, in compliance with applicable federal, state and local law.