Systems Engineer at Snap Inc. (Greater LA Area, CA)
Snap Inc is a technology company. We believe the camera presents the greatest opportunity to improve the way people live and communicate. Snap contributes to human progress by empowering people to express themselves, live in the moment, learn about the world, and have fun together. The Company's three core products are Snapchat , a visual messaging app that enhances your relationships with friends, family, and the world; Lens Studio , an augmented reality platform that powers AR across Snapchat and other services; and its AR glasses, Spectacles .
Snap Engineering teams build fun and technically sophisticated products that reach hundreds of millions of Snapchatters around the world, every day. We're deeply committed to the well-being of everyone in our global community, which is why our values are at the root of everything we do. We move fast, with precision, and always execute with privacy at the forefront.
We're looking for a Systems Engineer to join the Snap DCI team!
What you'll do:
- Collaborate with leadership, engineers, and customers to architect new solutions for On-Premise and IaaS providers (AWS/GCP)
- Build tools, services, and monitoring solutions to ensure the device lab has the highest availability and reliability.
- Participate in remediation efforts, performing system maintenance, and regular patching
- Lead to automation efforts by leveraging configuration management, images, and templates across hundreds of Linux hosts
- Participate in efforts to increase monitoring, logging, and signaling capabilities
- Perform code reviews and ensure high code quality - all while iterating quickly
- Design well documented services and tools which can be operationalized
- Provide mentorship to junior engineers and systems administrators
- Evaluate new technologies and work with leadership to prioritize deployment in alignment with business requirements
- Communicate project timelines, service dependencies, resource constraints, and progress with key stakeholders timely and effectively
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field
- Advanced knowledge in Bash, Python, and Git
- 5+ years of work experience with building and maintaining large scale systems
- Ability to build, analyze and troubleshoot large scale systems
- Skilled with building automation frameworks, pipelines and harnesses
- Experience working with Golang
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with high attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize tasks and work independently
- Strong team player and seeks out opportunities for improvement
- Experience working in a fast paced environment
- Experience working with system automation tools for imaging, configuration management, and continuous deployment
In the United States, work locations are assigned a pay zone which determines the salary range for the position. The successful candidate's starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These pay zones may be modified in the future.
- Zone A (CA) : The base salary range for this position is $205,000 - 295,000 annually
- Zone B : The base salary range for this position is $195,000 - 280,000 annually
- Zone C : The base salary range for this position is $174,000 - $251,000 annually
This position is eligible for equity in the form of RSUs
"Default Together" Policy at Snap
At Snap Inc. we believe that being together in person helps us build our culture faster, reinforce our values, and serve our community, customers and partners better through dynamic collaboration. To reflect this, we practice a "default together" approach and expect our team members to work in an office at least 80% of the time (an average of 4 days per week). Remote team members still are expected to travel for mandatory in-person gatherings and to fulfill business needs, at least 4 to 6 times per year.
At Snap, we believe that having a team of diverse backgrounds and voices working together will enable us to create innovative products that improve the way people live and communicate. Snap is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. EOE, including disability/vets. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please don't be shy and contact us at [email protected] .
Our Benefits : Snap Inc. is its own community, so we've got your back! We do our best to make sure you and your loved ones have everything you need to be happy and healthy, on your own terms. Our benefits are built around your needs and include paid parental leave, comprehensive medical coverage, emotional and mental health support programs, and compensation packages that let you share in Snap's long-term success!