Systems Administrator at Relativity Space
Team and Role Overview
Relativity is creating the first autonomous rocket factory. Our vision is to build the future of humanity in space -- starting with rockets. We have an ambitious mission, and we understand that it takes a team to achieve it.
The Systems Administrator is part of Relativity’s Information Technology team—they make sure that every Relativity employee has the hardware, systems and infrastructure needed to do their best work every day. The Information Technology team identifies and rolls out impactful technology solutions across the company. It monitors the organization’s IT needs, always shows highest responsiveness to issues, and applies collaborative problem solving to enable highest productivity for all Relativity employees.
The Systems Administrator is a key part of the IT team. The Systems Administrator will operate in our issue ticketing system, is responsible for troubleshooting and resolving issues, as well as identifying key projects that allow us to eliminate issues before they even exist in the first place. Additionally, the Systems Administrator will be a key contributor as we continuously expand our location footprint (e.g., via a new headquarters site), and continuously improve cross-site communications for all Relativity employees.
The Mission/Outcomes and Objectives
As a Systems Administrator at Relativity, you will support every employee at Relativity with their IT hardware, software, and infrastructure, to ensure they have all the IT tools they need to do their best work. As part of the IT team, you will manage the issue ticket queue, communicate effectively to clarify issues and provide updates, and ensure timely and competent resolution to issues. Part of this role will also be to identify key projects that eliminate issues before they occur, and that help Relativity as we continue to grow rapidly.
The ideal candidate for this role is someone who has experience solving a variety of technical challenges for an organization, and at the same time effectively communicates across users and teams to ensure priorities are clear, issues surface quickly, and solutions are implemented timely end effectively. In summary, you bring strong technical aptitude and an exceptional user orientation to every issue you face.
Minimum Required Skills and Competencies
- Strong systems administration background
- Knowledge of Microsoft Operating Systems and tools to maintain them (Server 2016, Win10, AD, SCCM)
- Experience with Atlassian suite (JIRA, Confluence, Bitbucket, etc.)
- Familiarity with Linux Operating Systems and related tools
- Candidates with scripting knowledge (Powershell, Python, Ruby, Perl) preferred
- Strong networking background
- Knowledge of Cisco/Ubiquiti/Fortinet/Aruba/Palo Alto Technology desired.
- Familiar with VLANs/VTP and their function
- Ability to troubleshoot network type issues regarding connectivity and throughput.
- Soft skills required
- Excellent Written and Verbal communication skills
- Learn new technologies and solutions quickly, and passionate about expanding your skill set
- Maintain and stock and inventory of IT equipment
- Experience with Manufacturing / Aerospace / Hardware production and testing
- Experience with supporting highly skilled engineering teams
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a United States Person as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.