System Development Operations Engineer
Snap Inc. is a camera company. We believe that reinventing the camera represents our greatest opportunity to improve the way people live and communicate. Our products empower people to express themselves, live in the moment, learn about the world, and have fun together.
We’re growing fast, so having a powerful mobile device testing infrastructure to quickly integrate, build, and test code is crucial. You will be involved in shaping, expanding, and scaling our mobile device lab that will be used by every mobile developer at Snap Inc.. You will have plenty of input on how we can more effectively shape and automate processes so that developers can have the best mobile testing setup that quickly detects bugs and regressions. As Snap Inc. expands internationally, we have to be able to test on an increasing number of devices with various configurations.
What you'll do:
- Build tools and automation to streamline the operational process of the lab
- Tune and monitor performance, and availability of systems
- Design, build, and run a large-scale device test cloud
- Mobile device management, procurement, calibration, maintenance
- Test failed units and provide failure analysis reports
- Maintain lab documentation (such as lab descriptions, diagrams, and processes)
- Work on network configurations and tooling
- Establish processes to quickly upgrade and provision servers
- Establish procedures and tooling to quickly detect faulty devices
We’re looking for someone with...
- Experience with hands-on implementation, verification, and optimization in mobile device labs management and DevOps engineering
- A strong background in Linux/Unix Administration and MacOS
- A bachelor’s degree in a technical field
- Configuration management experience, and familiarity with Chef, Fabric, Puppet etc.
- Experience with automation/configuration management
- A working understanding of at least one coding and scripting language (PHP, Python, Perl and/or Ruby)
- Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always-available service
- Passion and experience automating manual processes, and bringing efficiency and productivity increases to teams
- A fan of mobile hardware and its technical evolution
At Snap, we believe that having a team of diverse backgrounds and voices working together will enable us to create innovative products that improve the way people live and communicate. Snap is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please don’t be shy and contact us at [email protected].