Team and Role Overview
Relativity is creating the first fully 3D printed rocket and the first autonomous rocket factory. Our vision is to build the future of humanity in space – starting with rockets. We have an ambitious mission, and we understand that it takes a team to achieve it. This is why we are growing and looking for team members to join us that feel just as excited and driven to accomplish something that has not been done before, together.
The Supply Chain Organization is responsible for sourcing the goods and services required to design, build, test, and fly rockets. Our team closely partners with functions across the enterprise to develop, implement, and monitor supply chain tactics and strategies that create a competitive advantage for Relativity Space. We’re a strategic function that will play a key role in scaling Relativity’s technology and business, so we’re looking for highly-skilled humans who are eager to challenge the status quo and build supply chains for the future. In this role as a Supply Chain Manager (Powder-Based Additive), you’ll be responsible for strategically architecting and managing our end-to-end, powder-based additive manufacturing supply chain that supports the production of our rocket engine – the Aeon-1.
The Mission/Outcomes and Objectives
- Build deep supply market expertise within powder-based additive manufacturing (raw materials, print services, printer. technologies/OEMs, post-processing technologies/services) and continuously monitor market conditions for upcoming challenges and/or opportunities.
- Develop and implement advanced commodity strategies that create a competitive advantage for Relativity Space.
- Manage supply chain activities from design release/requirements gathering to receipt of goods/services - sourcing, negotiating, contracting, planning, ordering, delivery monitoring, and supplier management.
- Identify supply chain inefficiencies (cost, quality, delivery), create continuous improvement plans, and implement in partnership with internal and external stakeholders.
- Create analytical models and tools to enable data-driven decision making (e.g., should cost models, forecasting models, material requirements planning tools, demand forecasts, value stream maps, etc.).
- Establish strong relationships with internal and external partners.
To be successful in this role, you must be a self-starter who can thrive within an ambiguous, fast-pace environment. You have technical experience managing supply chain/engineering initiatives in additive manufacturing environments. You’re well-versed in building quality management practices and scaling them across a supply base. You have a keen eye for inefficient production systems and can devise solutions that drive high returns on resources invested.
Minimum Required Skills and Competencies
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Materials Science.
- 4+ years of experience in a supply chain engineering, manufacturing engineering, or quality engineering role within a fast-pace manufacturing environment.
- Experience with supplier development initiatives (quality improvement, production improvement, etc.).
- Experience with powder-based additive manufacturing methods (DMLS, EBM, SHS, SLM, SLS, Binder Jetting, etc.).
- Superb analytical, problem solving, critical thinking, and decision making skills (even at warp speed).
- Clear communicator and strong negotiator.
- Extreme motivation to constantly learn and self-improve.
- Experience in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), ERP (SAP, Oracle, Infor, etc.), and business intelligence tools (Tableau, MS Power BI, etc.).
- Willingness to travel 15%+.
Preferred Skills and Competencies
- Master’s degree in Engineering, Materials Science, Supply Chain/Operations Management.
- Experience managing end-to-end supply chain activities; from sourcing to planning to supplier management.
- New Product Introduction (NPI) sourcing experience.
- Experience in one or more of the following industries: aerospace, automotive, additive manufacturing.
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a United States Person as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.