Supply Chain Developer at Relativity Space
Team and Role Overview
Relativity is creating the first autonomous rocket factory. Our vision is to build the future of humanity in space – starting with rockets. We have an ambitious mission, and we understand that it takes a team to achieve it.
In support of enterprise-wide goals, the Supply Chain Development team is responsible for partnering with Engineering, Production, Finance, Legal (and others!) to build and establish supply chains from the ground up. We’re an entrepreneurial group that seeks out the hard problems to solve, rather than waiting for problems to find us. We grow strong, genuine relationships with internal and external stakeholders. We’re holistic thinkers, always developing a sense of how decisions will affect both our direct/indirect partners and the larger system as a whole. But most importantly, we hustle at warp speed; always doing what it takes to get the job done.
As a Supply Chain Developer, you’ll be embedded within our Engineering organizations, working hand-in-hand with universe-class rocket scientists to develop, monitor, and improve supply chains that are closely aligned to our products and strategies. You will be responsible for a wide range of supply chain activities such as, but not limited to, sourcing, negotiating, contracting, ordering, planning, inventory/logistics management, data modeling and analysis, and general problem solving. You’ll also play a critical role in establishing novel business processes, formulating analytical tools and frameworks, and implementing supply chain technologies. Supply Chain Developers are curious, adaptive, and hungry.
The Mission/Outcomes and Objectives
- Quickly build deep expertise in a variety of supply markets; be the market expert
- Drive procurement activities in partnership with key stakeholders; assure continuity of supply
- Generate and monitor forecasting/planning/scheduling models; optimize supply chain operations
- Build and manage healthy relationships with internal/external partners; conduct business with integrity
- Constantly scan for supply chain problems (no matter the size) and hustle to solve them; you’re always eager to help
- Support both tactical and strategic initiatives to continuously improve our supply chain function; quickly push tasks and projects to completion
You are a supply chain professional with a relentlessly entrepreneurial mindset who can dive into high levels of ambiguity and make smart, quick decisions. You have the technical chops to work cross-functionally with Engineering, Finance, and Legal teams, and are capable of building strong relationships with key stakeholders – both internally and externally. Your analytical aptitude is high, and your appetite for learning, growing, and teaching is even higher. When it’s all said and done, the team’s success is top priority, regardless of your role.
In previous roles, you’ve managed supply chain initiatives across the enterprise. You possess deep experience in procurement and planning activities; specifically strategic sourcing initiatives, contract negotiations, supplier conflict resolutions, demand planning, capacity planning, supply planning and scheduling, and inventory management. You’ve been labeled as an ERP whiz, and can transform mounds of data into valuable insights. You consistently identify inefficiencies/bottlenecks within systems and creatively devise solutions that drive a high return on investment.
Minimum Required Skills and Competencies
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain/Operations Management and/or Engineering
- 2+ years of experience in a supply chain-related role in a fast-paced manufacturing environment
- Experience managing end-to-end procurement activities; from sourcing to planning to supplier management
- Exceptional problem solving skills (even at warp speed)
- Strong analytical capabilities with fine attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), ERP (SAP, Oracle, Infor, etc.), business intelligence tools (Tableau, MS Power BI, etc.)
Preferred Skills and Competencies
- Technical skills such as SQL, VBA, low-code/no-code application development, JIRA, etc.
- New product supply chain development
- Experience leading cross-functional groups
- Experience in roles across multiple supply chain functions i.e. procurement, logistics, manufacturing, etc.
- Extreme motivation to constantly learn and self-improve
- Experience in one or more of the following industries: fast fashion, aerospace, automotive, consumer technology
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a United States Person as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.