Romeo Power is looking for a highly motivated Stress Engineer to add to our growing team in the Los Angeles, CA area. This person will work closely with design, electrical and manufacturing engineers to ensure that our products meet our customer’s structural requirements. This is an exciting opportunity to work directly with diverse markets looking to add battery power to their portfolio.
2. Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Perform classical hand calculations as well as advanced finite element analysis to predict the structural performance of our battery modules and packs
- Make recommendations to design engineering based on analysis results
- Work together with manufacturing to produce high quality structural joints
- Perform re-work analysis as necessary
- Present analysis both internally and externally to customers
3. Basic Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical, aerospace, or related engineering discipline
- Professional experience performing static, vibration and fatigue stress analysis
- Experience with one or more FEA software packages
4. Preferred Qualifications
- Master’s degree in mechanical, aerospace, or related engineering discipline
- 3+ years of job experience performing static, vibration and fatigue stress analysis
- Experience with crash and damage analysis and the analysis of composites structures
- Experience with NASTRAN
- Demonstrated understanding of failure modes and analysis of complex mechanical systems
- Must be self-motivated, have strong organizational, oral and written skills and work well others
- Ability to work extended hours and weekends as needed
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply.
Romeo Power is a startup company located in Vernon, CA. just south of Downtown L.A. We design, and manufacture EV battery technology for various electric mobility platforms. Several of our talented staff come from Tesla, SpaceX, Faraday Future, Karma and other known unique and powerful companies. We are a group of highly-motivated and extremely talented staff that is set on launching products that will revolutionize the EV battery industry in power density.