Staff Software Engineer (Mobile)
Clublabs is a rapidly growing technology and design shop in Los Angeles. We are the innovation lab for AAA – the proving ground for ideas that exceed our members’ expectations. We rest upon delivering maximum value to our members and business, solving for the problem, trust through transparency, and collaboration. These principles help us make the biggest impact, remove silos, embrac change, and continuously learn. They’re realized every day in how we work: open, lean, innovative, accountable, and fun.
The Staff Software Engineer will design and develop advanced software applications. Build on one or more platforms which include but not limited to iOS, Android, and web apps.
- Communicate regularly and write clean code.
- Review, analyze and resolve application issues as needed.
- Evaluates strategies and makes recommendations on changes and improvements.
- Collaborate with team members on the design and implementation of new functionalities on the different platforms.
- Consult with other team members and implements solutions in-line with the departments’ visions.
- Continuously learn and keep up to date with emerging technologies to evaluate impact to business and member value.
- Participate and provide feedback during planning meetings (i.e., pre-iteration, iteration, and retrospectives).
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Four year college degree in Computer Science or equivalent combination of education and work experience required. Masters in Computer Science preferred.
- 7+ years of experience in three of following: Java / Android, Objective C or Swift, C#, or C.
- 5+ years of experience in Front-end technology stacks, MS Web frameworks (including Express, Angular, React JS, ASP.NET MVC etc.), XSL/XSLT, XPath, and XPointer. Node.js (client and/or server) is a bonus. Experience in one or more queuing framework is preferred.
- Scripting Languages – Ruby, PowerShell, Linux/Unix Shell scripts, and/or Perl etc.
- MS SQL Server, MySQL, Postgres, Oracle, Mongo, Cassandra Experience in the hybrid On-prem and Cloud computing implementation and integration, and possibly with CDN.
- Experience in implementing OAuth/OpenID, TLS/SSL, and certificates.
- Have knowledge in cryptography and key management.
- Experience in concurrency software development and great resource utilization is preferred.
- Experience in TDD/BDD.
- Solid experience in implementing high performance, high availability, reliable, and secured software, and know how to scale a system horizontally.
- Experience in distributed computing with sharding is highly desirable.
- Successful completion of Auto Club pre-employment assessments, background and drug screenings.
- Strong communication skills and interest in a pair programming environment.
- Strong team member who inspires, innovates, and delivers results to add values and make a difference.
- Knowledge on how to implement and manage the APIs (Web Services) versioning.
- User-centric/customer-centric focused; embrace Agile XP practice, and possess a learning mindset.
- Constant monitoring and learning of new technologies and the market landscape.
- Prior consulting or freelancing experience is a bonus.
AAA is an Equal Opportunity Employer
The Automobile Club of Southern California will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable federal, state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.