What if you could use your technology skills to develop a product that impacts the way communities’ hospitals, homes, sports stadiums, and schools across the world are built? Construction impacts the lives of nearly everyone in the world, and yet it’s also one of the world’s least digitized industries, not to mention one of the most dangerous. That’s why we’re looking for a talented Staff Software Engineer - Developer Experience: Integration Environments to Procore’s journey to revolutionize a historically underserved industry.
As a Staff Software Engineer - Developer Experience: Integration Environments at Procore, you’ll play a key role in driving the internal developer experience (DevEx) in a global SaaS infrastructure. You’ll work side-by-side with Application Development, Site Reliability, and SDET teams to deliver composable, short-term, pre-production environments that enable the building, testing, and verification of new solutions. As a critical member of this new team, you’ll have the challenging opportunity to solve complex problems with scalable solutions that accelerate the software delivery process.
This position will report to our Manager, Software Engineering Developer Experience and can be based at our headquarters in Carpinteria, CA on the bluffs overlooking the Pacific Ocean, in our office in downtown Austin, TX, or as a remote worker anywhere in the United States. We’re looking for someone to join our team immediately.
What you’ll do:
- Accelerate new service creation, deployment, and observability by enabling internal application developers to rapidly build and continuously verify solutions in pre-production environments
- Develop UI and backend application code for controlling the environment via APIs
- Specify and configure a platform to efficiently provision production-like environments
- Build for composability and self-service, where internal Engineering teams can specify the systems, datasets, and mock systems needed for their specific Pre-Production environment
- Responsible for operating the pre-production environment to high 9s availability
- Determine a strategy to facilitate service owners to mock their services in the pre-production environment
- Enable Development and Integration in a Service-Oriented Architecture
- Put tools in place to collect telemetry data to be used for realistic load tests so the application developers can test their SLI’s and SLO’s in this production-like environment.
- Perform code reviews, write application code, and create internal tooling
- Mentor and coach junior engineers, be a catalyst for change across the broader organization by advocating for the adoption of service creation and deployment best practices
What we're looking for:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field is preferred, or comparable work experience
- Experience working with software, platforms, and infrastructure at scale (we run thousands of hosts and have millions of users)
- Strong experience documenting and driving process improvements
- Experience as a technical leader on large initiatives with the ability to course-correct as needed
- Proven expertise with modern web development, including development, testing, staging, deploying, and monitoring
- Ability to consistently evaluate current technical approaches to continue to be industry best-of-class
- Experience with the following technologies is preferred:
- Containers and Container Management (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Infrastructure/cloud automation tooling (e.g., CloudFormation, Terraform, Packer)
- Service Mesh/Discovery Tooling (e.g., Consul, Envoy, Istio, etc.)
- Continuous Deployment tools (e.g., Spinnaker)
- Configuration and Security Management (e.g., Puppet, Chef)
Procore Technologies is building the software that builds the world. We provide cloud-based construction management software that helps clients more efficiently build skyscrapers, hospitals, housing complexes, and more. Our headquarters is located on the bluffs above the Pacific Ocean in Carpinteria, CA, with growing offices worldwide. Check us out on Glassdoor to see what others are saying about working at Procore!
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome builders of all backgrounds. We thrive in a diverse, dynamic, and inclusive environment. We do not tolerate discrimination against employees on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.
Perks & Benefits
You are a person with dreams, goals, and ambitions—both personally and professionally. That's why we believe in providing benefits that not only match our Procore values (Openness, Optimism, and Ownership) but enhance the lives of our team members. Here are just a few of our benefit offerings: competitive health care plans, flexible paid time off (Procore Values Time), employee enrichment and development programs, and volunteer days.