Staff Software Engineer, Backend at GOAT Group
| Greater LA Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 3:22 p.m. (PST) on Tuesday, April 21, 2020
With over 10 million members and more than 800,000 listings, GOAT is the world’s largest marketplace for authentic sneakers. The GOAT Engineering team builds and maintains the core services of our platform, which serve as the backbone for our web, mobile, and internal applications.
We are looking for an experienced Staff-Level Engineer to help their team design and implement new features across multiple backend applications. As a both a technical leader and a core individual contributor, you will play a key role in enhancing a monolithic Ruby on Rails app at the heart of the business and in building out a new, more scalable service-driven architecture.
As a Staff Engineer, you’re expected to:
- Take point on projects and problems of significant scope, possibly spanning multiple teams and applications
- Deliver stable, well-tested solutions on time, delegating where appropriate
- Provide clear technical direction and advocate for improvement while minimizing downtime and risk
- Adapt to technical change with agility by proposing creative and thoughtful alternatives
- Coordinate with other leaders and set proper expectations for all parties involved
- Bring technical leadership and oversight to all teams and projects of which you are a part
- Successful engineers at this level also look well beyond their specific assignments to help ensure that the whole project gets over the finish line quickly and correctly.
We’re looking for:
- BS degree preferred
- 10+ years of experience in software engineering with Ruby on Rails (Python, Go, PHP, or Java is ok too)
- Experience with e-Commerce/Web Applications
- Familiar and comfortable with the technologies, the tradeoffs, and the design patterns emerging in web services
- A quick learner, a self-starter, able to work independently, and you're willing (and able) to handle the pressures of an increasing level of responsibility
Benefits and Perks:
- Join the early team and work closely with founders on all aspects of the company
- Medical, dental and vision coverage
- Competitive salary
- Daily catered lunches from LA’s best restaurants
- Unlimited vacation
GOAT is the global platform for style. Founded in 2015 to bring trust to the sneaker community, the technology platform has since expanded to offer apparel and accessories from the world’s leading contemporary, avant garde and luxury brands. Through its unique positioning between the primary and resale markets, the company is able to surface styles from the past, present and future, delivering authentic product to over 20M members across 164 countries.
The company is backed by strategic investor Foot Locker, Inc. as well as some of the leading names in venture capital including Accel, Andreessen Horowitz, Index Ventures, Matrix Partners, Upfront Ventures, Webb Investment Network and Y Combinator.
GOAT Group will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, if applicable. If you are a California resident, please review our California Privacy Rights Notice for Job Applicants.
Read Full Job Description