Staff Software Engineer, Backend - Content Creation
Tinder brings people together. With tens of millions of users and a presence in every country, our reach is expansive — and rapidly growing. Your work here can change the world. We have a small yet dedicated engineering team with one of the highest ratios of users to engineers in the industry, making every member of the team critical to our success. We are looking for a backend engineer to grow our Content Creation team and continue building our dynamic collaborative culture.
Our team mission is to provide people with the incentive and the creative tools to post engaging content. By joining our team you will :
- Develop new content creation features
- Design, develop, and operate scalable and resilient distributed services that run on Kubernetes or ECS to serve hundreds of millions of users around the world
- Influence the roadmap and product development of Tinder App and services while deeply coordinating with the product team.
- Mentor, collaborate, and learn from experienced and passionate team members.
We are looking for:
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent with 8+ years of industrial working experience
- Excellent knowledge of Computer Science fundamentals with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms, software design, and coding
- Strong designing and building distributed backend systems handling high volumes of traffic
- Experience in handling ambiguous business requirements with excellent prioritization, time management abilities, and a focus on execution
- Passion to solve complex problems and make continuous improvements
- Excellent knowledge and experience with a backend language like Java, Node.js, Scala, Go, etc.
- Able to mentor and develop junior developers
- Comfortable working with legacy code and improving it
Bonus points if you have:
- Experience with cloud computing systems such as AWS, Google Cloud Platform, or Azure
- Experience in design and development using NoSQL such as DynamoDB or Cassandra.
- Experience with Redis, ElasticSearch, Kafka, and Spark
- Experience with Agile development methodology and CI/CD
- Experience with Docker containers along with Kubernetes or ECS
As part of our team, you’ll enjoy:
- The hustle of a startup with the impact of a global business
- Tremendous opportunity to solve some of the industry’s most exciting problems
- Working with an extraordinary team of smart, creative, fun and highly motivated people
- Comprehensive health coverage, a competitive pay, 401(k) match
- Unlimited vacation and flexible working hours
- Daily catered lunches, an endless supply of refreshments, fitness classes, and social events
- A modern, uplifting work environment in an ideal location