Staff Software Engineer (Android) at Procore Technologies
What if you could use your technology skills to develop a product that impacts the way communities’ hospitals, homes, sports stadiums, and schools across the world are built? Construction impacts the lives of nearly everyone in the world, and yet it’s also one of the world’s least digitized industries, not to mention one of the most dangerous. That’s why we’re looking for a talented Staff Android Engineer to join us on our journey to revolutionize a historically underserved industry.
As a Staff Android Engineer at Procore, you’re given the unique opportunity to partner intimately with our customer base, translating their fundamental needs into technological SaaS solutions. Backed by the might of our teams, we’ll provide you with the tools and resources needed to achieve extraordinary results that render a significant impact extending beyond the boundaries of traditional engineering roles.
This position is based at our headquarters in Carpinteria, CA on the bluffs overlooking the Pacific Ocean. We’re looking for someone to join our team immediately.
What you’ll do:
- Develop Android features using the latest technologies
- Establish standards for development teams and lead initiatives in collaboration with Product, Quality Assurance, User Experience, and other internal groups
- Use a customer-centric approach to lead architectural design decisions that improve scalability and performance
- Develop fellow teammates by conducting code reviews, providing mentorship, pairing, and training opportunities
What we're looking for:
- 7+ years of Engineering Experience (5+ years of experience building Android applications using Java or Kotlin and 2 years spent in an Object Oriented Program and/or Functional Programming role)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, a related field, or comparable work experience
- Understanding of Android’s architectural components (Room, ViewModel, LiveData, etc.) and the MVVM architecture
- Understand the tradeoffs between technical, analytical and product goals, and are adept at formulating solutions that satisfy all of these needs
- Experience in multi threaded programming, Coroutine experience is a plus
- Experience in working with RESTful APIs
- Experience leading large initiatives with the ability to course correct as needed
- Experience with unit testing using JUnit and UI testing using Espresso
- Experience mentoring junior developers
Procore Technologies is building the software that builds the world. We provide cloud-based construction management software that helps clients more efficiently build skyscrapers, hospitals, housing complexes, and more. Our headquarters is located on the bluffs above the Pacific Ocean in Carpinteria, CA, with growing offices worldwide. Check us out on Glassdoor to see what others are saying about working at Procore!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Perks & Benefits
You are a person with dreams, goals, and ambitions—both personally and professionally. That's why we believe in providing benefits that not only match our Procore values (Openness, Optimism, and Ownership) but enhance the lives of our team members. Here are just a few of our benefit offerings: competitive health care plans, flexible paid time off (Procore Values Time), employee enrichment and development programs, and volunteer days.