Team and Role Overview:
Our multi-disciplined engineering teams at Relativity are growing rapidly towards first flight and beyond. The Staff Operations Engineer will report up to the SVP of Engineering and Manufacturing, and partner with various departments within the organization over time, starting with Propulsion.
The Mission/Outcomes and Objectives:
You will be an integral and strategic advisor to leadership across the organization as we scale. You will look at Relativity’s short- and long-term goals, and advise the team on engineering strategy, operations, prioritization, and communication. You will enable leaders to stay hyper focused on company goals, ensure cross-functional alignment, problem solve, and action plan for how Relativity continues to develop our capabilities as we scale. You will be the go-to person for strategic initiatives across engineering and Relativity as a whole. You will take a practical and analytical approach to problem solving, and bias toward action as it meets business goals and milestones.
The ideal candidate is proactive, analytical and enjoys relentless ownership. You have the ability to build strong relationships with leaders and stakeholders and the ability to influence outcomes. The ideal candidate will act as a force multiplier to leadership teams, foster trust and will lead by influence. You ideally are an engineer within your heart and mind, and also have experience in management consulting or similar experience. You thrive in ambiguity, drive automation when possible, and are passionate about our long-term mission to be multiplanetary!
Minimum Required Skills and Competencies:
- Undergrad, Masters, or PhD in Engineering or Physical Sciences
- 1+ years of consulting experience.
- 2+ years of experience in a technical/engineering heavy role, or a technical project leadership role.
- Experience planning and leading strategic initiatives.
- Experience working with senior engineering leadership and executives.
Preferred Skills and Competencies:
- Exceptionally organized and experienced in communicating across multiple teams and departments.
- High-level thinker, but also detail-oriented when executing on projects.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to drive metric and dashboard creation.
- Executive communication skills, with the ability to represent complex business or technical concepts with senior leadership
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.