What if you could use your engineering skills to develop a solution that impacts the way communities’ hospitals, homes, sports stadiums, and schools across the world are built? Construction impacts the lives of nearly everyone in the world, and yet it’s also one of the world’s least digitized industries, not to mention one of the most dangerous. That’s why we’re looking for a talented Staff Governance Engineer to join Procore’s journey to revolutionize a historically under-served industry.
As a Staff Governance Engineer you’ll be a key member of the GRC team, within our Security Engineering Department. You’ll partner cross-functionally with our Platform, Applications, Infrastructure, IT Security, Compliance, Product, Legal, and Internal Audit teams to develop a mature Security Governance structure, complete with an extensive reference library of Policies, Processes, Standards, Procedures, and Guidelines. Your expertise in technical writing will produce documents that are concise, relevant, current, useful to the rest of the company.
This position will report into the Sr Manager of GRC and has the opportunity to be based in our Carpinteria, CA headquarters, Austin, TX, or our New York, NY office. Remote candidates will be considered with experience. We’re looking for someone to join us immediately.
What you'll do:
- Develop a process for producing and socializing governance documents, including policies and technical standards. Process includes consensus building, formal sign off, revision control, and periodic revisions
- Clearly define the scope, purpose, and audience for each type of document
- Create templates for each type of document
- Work closely with the Security Architecture team to identify needs within Engineering
- Work with Legal to develop a privacy compliance program, and map controls to contractual language
What we're looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Information Systems, Business or related disciplines. Masters preferred
- 8+ years of total experience including
- 3+ years of experience in management consulting at firms such as Gartner, Forrester, or a Big 4 audit firm
- 5+ years as a technical compliance specialist, preferably at a late stage startup
- Expert technical writer. Familiarity with CMS platforms, Confluence, JIRA, diagramming (Viso or LucidChart), indexing for search, surveys, and usage metrics
- Strong collaboration skills
- Ability to strike right balance between technical controls and keeping it lightweight
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and priorities
- Passion for developing great people, not just great products
- Creative, business first approach to GRC
- Experience in Security and Compliance standards like ISO 27001, SOC, NIST, etc.
Procore Technologies is building the software that builds the world. We provide cloud-based construction management software that helps clients more efficiently build skyscrapers, hospitals, retail centers, airports, housing complexes and more. At Procore, we have worked hard to create and maintain a culture where you can own your work and are encouraged and given resources to try new ideas. Check us out on Glassdoor to see what others are saying about working at Procore.
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome builders of all backgrounds. We thrive in a diverse, dynamic and inclusive environment. We do not tolerate discrimination against employees on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.
Perks & Benefits
You are a person with dreams, goals, and ambitions—both personally and professionally. That's why we believe in providing benefits that not only match our Procore values (Openness, Optimism, and Ownership) but enhance the lives of our team members. Here are just a few of our benefit offerings: competitive health care plans, unlimited paid vacation, stock options, employee enrichment and development programs, and friends & family events.