Sr. Systems Engineer (Linux)
- You will investigate and guide the DevOps team in implementing industry standard methodologies from Linux system administration perspective. Specifically in regards to risk mitigation, security, automation and continuous delivery.
- You will administer server hardware, Linux operating system and selected system applications.
- You work with Development teams on application specific usage, performance tuning, and troubleshooting for Linux based systems
- You serve as primary or secondary point of contact for various components of the Linux system.
- You will respond to any service outage that affects the availability of the production website.
- You are responsible for daily website usage and availability.
Skills we are looking for
- Installing, Configuring and Securing RHEL, Centos, Fedora, or Oracle Linux
- Setting up IDS (host & network IDS, network IDS), Securing OS, Web Servers and Java containers
- Encryption/Security Appliance Administration
- Ability to program in any language (Shell/Python/Perl/Ruby)
- Setting up and supporting virtualization (cloning, DRS, HA)
- Big IP LTM, DNS BIND
- Automation experience (Puppet/Ansible/Chef), configuration management experience and Git
- Knowledge/experience of SSL certificate management, bonus points for experience in automating SSL management
- Apache web-based application management
- Physical hardware experience – racking, cabling
- 24/7 on-call rotation experience
Nice to Have
- Setting up EC2, S3 and VPC on AWS manually and programmatically using CloudFormation/Terraform
- Configuring and supporting Splunk for search and security
- Storage Administration experience with VNX, ZFS & NFS
- Container Cluster setup and configuration (Docker/Kubernetes)
- Networking Experience (Setting up tunnels, firewall and router/switches)
- Middleware experience with JBoss/WildFly, embedded server (Tomcat/Jetty) architecture
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field preferred
- 5 years of experience
Our technology team is responsible for the development and operations of all the consumer-facing web applications, our marketing platform and internal tools. We are leaders in online advertising – with a mobile first mentality. The marketing platform is built in-house and customized using cutting-edge technologies. Our marketing technology is available internally and externally - enabling our marketing team and our partners to run more effective campaigns. We are a fast paced working environment using Agile methodologies. Our applications are constantly evolving to keep up with latest developments in software industry. We leverage power of Java and popular frameworks such as Spring, Hibernate, AngularJS for building enterprise-class applications. We use a QA automation framework, built using Selenium Webdriver and Appium, for testing on an extensive combination of simulators and real devices. Our automation toolkit also includes automated visual validation testing – all of which allow us to scale efforts across mobile and desktop. Our applications runs on a highly scalable, virtual infrastructure which extends to the AWS for disaster recovery. We use modern release engineering tools, like Jenkins pipelines, for automated builds and deployments. We have scalable and redundant data storage platform to serve high transaction volumes. We have an active data warehouse evolving to a more real time mode leveraging Python, Spark and Kafka. We use best in class monitoring/alerting tools to quickly identify production issues. We are always innovating and taking advantage of the latest technologies to build scalable systems and drive growth for the organization.