LOCATION: Santa Monica, CA
TITLE: Sr. Software Engineer
REPORTS TO: Director, Platform Engineering
As a Senior Software Engineer you’ll be responsible for leading the architecture and implementation of new features and capabilities for our highly-scalable, secure communication platform impacting the lives of doctors, nurses and patients. The successful candidate is an accomplished, hands-on platform engineer with multiple large-scale, distributed services under their belt and has a passion for solving challenging problems and building distributed, mission-critical systems.
What You'll Own:
- Own the end-to-end architecture for our secure communication platform
- Deliver ongoing feature and performance improvements for the leading healthcare communication infrastructure
- Work closely with the client and product teams to refine requirements for technical implementation
- Provide technology leadership to ensure the architecture of a robust, scalable, secure product platform
- Deliver innovative technology solutions that enable new product features and ongoing performance improvements
- Work with the quality assurance team to ensure automated testing and verification of platform updates
- Collaborate with the Data Engineering team to ensure all system metrics are measurable and tracked
What You've Accomplished:
- BS degree or higher in CS, EE or related discipline
- 6+ years experience in software engineering, 3+ years experience with functional/asynchronous programming and/or object-oriented programming (Erlang a plus, Elixir, Go, Scala, Haskell, Java)
- Experience architecting large-scale distributed platforms for scale, security, and reliability
- Have significant hand-on experience with multi-threading, concurrency, actor systems
- Strong systems analysis and design skills
- A thorough understanding of modern development practices and methodologies
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical staff
- Cassandra, Redis, and Healthcare IT experience a plus
- Experience with all phases of application development lifecycle - from requirements gathering to production deployment and support
What You Bring to the Table:
- Ability to motivate and engage with high-performance teams in the delivery of innovative solutions at start-up speed
- A team player who enjoys communicating technical designs and decisions to the team and leading them in delivery
- The wisdom to always be thinking ahead and ability to deliver durable, lasting architectures
- An insatiable appetite for learning new approaches, technologies and architectures and maturity to apply these judiciously
- Able to deftly deliver complex solutions on an aggressive timeline without sacrificing quality or flexibility
Who We Are:
TigerConnect is healthcare’s most widely adopted communication platform – uniquely modernizing care collaboration among doctors, nurses, care teams, and patients. TigerConnect is the only solution that combines a consumer-like user experience for both clinical and patient communication with serious security, privacy, and clinical workflow requirements that today’s healthcare organizations demand. TigerConnect accelerates productivity, reduces costs, and improves patient outcomes.
Trusted by more than 6,000 healthcare organizations, TigerConnect maintains 99.99% verifiable uptime and processes more than 10 million messages each day.
It is recognized as a top Cyber Security Company to Know, one of the 5 Sizzling Silicon Beach Startups to Watch by Entrepreneur, Best Tech Startups in Santa Monica (2019 & 2020) and a Best Places to Work in Healthcare 5 years in a row (2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, and 2019). TigerConnect currently has over 150 employees with offices in Santa Monica, San Jose, and Shanghai.
Why We’re Different:
- Prime office space in the major tech ecosystems of California - Silicon Beach and Silicon Valley - each complete with a loaded fridge and tons of other perks (think rock climbing wall, food trucks, yoga, happy hours & more)
- An opportunity to work closely with a proven executive team, board, and serial entrepreneurs (www.tigerconnect.com/about)
- A fun environment that embraces a “work hard-play hard” culture
- We have team members that love what they do and are willing to go the extra mile to help clients, support the company's rapid growth, and ultimately optimize healthcare workflows
- This is a full time opportunity with a competitive salary, medical benefits, and 401K matching plan
TigerConnect is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
*Recruiting firms that submit resumes to TigerConnect without first entering into a written contract with TigerConnect will not be entitled to any compensation on candidates referred by that firm.