Sr. Software Engineer
Who We Are:
Every year, online shoppers in the US lose 50 billion dollars in unclaimed money, and we’ve developed an elegant way of returning that money back to our customers. With over 3 million active users, our mission is to advocate for consumers financial best interest.
Our simple customer experience means sophisticated back-end decision-making on their behalf. Earny acts as a personal assistant that automatically gets consumers money back on almost every purchase. Earny uses low-latency price tracking to identify the lowest possible prices, and obtains refunds using credit card price protection.
We are headquartered in Santa Monica, CA and are backed by top investors including Mayfield, Science, Inc., Sweet Capital, Comcast Ventures. We’re currently looking for innovative and passionate people, who are eager to make a difference and play a vital role in Earny’s growth and success.
We’re looking for a Sr. Software Engineer with a strong technical background who has a proven track record of managing software development processes within a rapidly growing organization. You must be able to lead technical architecture, development, and delivery of complex applications across multiple systems with an emphasis on performance, scalability, and high-reliability, motivate and inspire team members to overcome obstacles and deliver highly scalable, state-of-the-art technology solutions. If you are interested in tackling gnarly technical challenges like web crawling, messaging, nlp and big data--join Earny for a real challenge. This position is based in Santa Monica and you will report directly to the CTO.
- Manage new projects from concept through launch. Lead technical architecture, development, and delivery of complex applications across multiple systems with an emphasis on performance, scalability, and high-reliability.
- Implement and continuously improve development organization and processes in your practice area
- Assist team members on an ongoing basis: identify areas of improvement and mentor, support and develop software engineers by providing advice, coaching and educational opportunities.
- Establish a solid project framework and excellent development processes
- Participate in a challenging, innovative and supportive environment
Skills + Qualifications:
- BS degree in Computer Science
- 4+ years of post-graduate experience in backend development
- Development experience with Node.js or similar asynchronous programming platform
- Database modeling skills in either SQL or NoSQL
- Experience with AWS, GCP or Azure or another cloud provider
- Strong object-oriented design and programming skills
- Strong engineering skills including architecture, testing, monitoring, operations and deployment
- Experience consuming and designing RESTful services
- Strong git skills while working with an Agile team
- Experience with web scraping, puppeteer, PhantomJS or similar platforms
Perks + Benefits:
- Salary, Equity & Health Insurance
- Vacation: Unlimited PTO and Flex Time
- Free Food/Drinks: Catered Meals, plus stocked cabinets and fridge at your disposal
- Rad Location: Our office is in the heart of Santa Monica and has a casual work environment
- Amazing Culture: Happy Hours, Team lunches, Team breakfasts, Weekly Fitness Classes, Game Nights, Quarterly Company Outings